Select your style & size:Select options
When the sun is high overhead and not a sliver of shade exists on the landscape, trust the Outdoor Research Aquifer Sombrero to keep you cool, comfortable, and protected from the sun. The Supplex nylon headband wicks away sweat, and a UPF 50+ rating prevents your scalp, face, and neck from frying like an egg.
- Synthetic blend fabric is lightweight and breathable
- Supplex nylon headband wicks away perspiration for warm-weather comfort
- Internal foam gives the wide brim structure and helps the hat float if it blows off while you're on the water
- UPF 50+ rating helps you avoid painful sunburn
- External drawcord adjustment provides a secure fit
- Removable chin cord keeps the hat secure in windy conditions
- Item #ODR1101
- Q & A
Serious coverage for extreme sun!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
When im out on the river all day long floating and fishing, it is easy to forget about the suns powerful rays. The huge brim on the Aquifer Sombrero keeps the sun off my skin and out of my eyes. I enjoy dunking it in the river on really hot days and let the water evaporate for an extremely nice cooling sensation!
Outdoor Research Sun Protection Products
If you're not careful, long days outside hiking, paddling or climbing can leave your skin damaged and burned. To keep you protected from damaging ultraviolet rays, Outdoor Research offers a full line of sun hats, and UV Protective shirts and pants designed to keep you protected from the sun.
How much does it weigh?
Hey Dawn, this hat weighs about 3 oz.