This sack ditches the doodads in favor of simplicity.
Air valves make a compression sack bulky and hard to handle, so the geniuses at Outdoor Research came up with a better way. Instead of valves, the AirPurge Dry Compression Sack uses a section of air-permeable fabric that allows air to evacuate from the inside out without letting water from the outside in. All you have to do is fill this compression sack with gear, close it, and cinch it down until all the air escapes from inside. Your gear takes on a nice, compact form and it's protected from rain at camp or a torrential downpour on the trail.
- Nylon shell is durable and lightweight
- Air-permeable nylon band at the bottom of the pack allows air to escape from inside so you can get full compression, but it doesn't allow water from the outside to sneak in
- Full seam-taping ensures that water can't leak in where two materials come together
- Top closure rolls down and clips together forming a waterproof seal that's secure and dead simple to achieve
- Four compression sacks help you fully evacuate air from inside this sack and get the compression sack down to its most compact form
- Other features include a durable buckle closure, external daisy chain attachment point, and a webbing handle on the bottom