A no-frills pack with all the backpacking essentials.
There's nothing like pulling up to the trail head, climbing out of your car, and swinging the Osprey Women's Viva 65 Backpack over your shoulders. This lightweight, durable, and simple pack holds everything you need for your four-day trip into the backcountry. Its women-specific design, Fit-on-the-Fly hip-belt, and adjustable torso provides a solid, comfortable, and supportive pack for you to shoulder during your gorgeous hike through fields of wildflowers and tall green grass.
- Women-specific Fit-on-the-Fly hipbelt extends up to 3in (7.5cm) on each size to provide a custom fit and accommodate different hip sizes
- LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers load weight to the hipbelt
- Spacer-mesh covered lumbar and backpanel pads offer cushioning and ventilation
- Torso length is precisely and easily adjustable over a 5in (13cm) range to provide an exact fit
- Women-specific pack design features a narrow pack shape with added depth in the right places
- Women-specific shoulder harness consists of thoughtful angle changes and varying padding thickness to create an anatomical fit for a woman's neck, shoulders, and chest while a sternum strap equalizes the pressure across the shoulder harness
- Women-specific hipbelt takes into account that a women's hips are more conically shaped with a larger difference between the waist and hip measurements so you have a more comfortable load transfer and optimal support
- Viva 65 comfortably carries a maximum weight of 50 pounds of your camping gear for a long weekend
- Large top opening lets you effectively pack your gear while a floating top pocket can extend to handle overloads
- Wide-mouth compartment with divider stashes your sleeping bag and supplies easy access to it when you set up camp
- Strong, durable fabric offers you a solid pack for years to come
- External hydration sleeve in backpanel simplifies refilling and protects pack from spills
- Large stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear, dual-access mesh side pockets for your water bottle or flask, and zippered hipbelt pockets provide secure storage for your camera or energy goo
- Dual-side compression straps, removable sleeping pad straps, and two ice axe loops for convenience
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment allows you to tuck away trekking poles quickly without having to remove your pack
Share your thoughts
Roomy and Lightweight
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Just bought this and took it one a week long traveling trip. I packed it almost full and was able to take it as a carry on flying. Have yet to use it backpacking but my first impression has been great! Super lightweight and roomy.
Amazing one-size-fits-most pack!
Used this pack on a 3 day trip recently and was BLOWN AWAY with how well this one sizer carried 40lbs of gear! It was comfy, the foam never padded out so I didn't have to keep retightening the belt or shoulder straps, and the backpanel could adjust down to my smaller torso. Absolutely amazing.
Another different feature is the hipbelt. Usually, I have a hard time finding a hipbelt that can cinch down small enough for me. This hipbelt has a built in extender that can unvelcro and elongate the hipbelt for wider waists. Because of that, the existing hipbelt is smaller and fit my waist with room to cinch!
Hands down, this has to be one of the best carrying one-size-fits-most packs on the market. Amazing!!!
Does the top loader on this pack detach...
Does the top loader on this pack detach to be used as a day pack?
Not easily. The top lid does float for large loads, but detaching requires a lot of unthreading straps. There's no included hipbelt on the lid, and no means of using the pack's hipbelt. Since these toplid-to-daypack conversions never carry well anyway, you'd be better off just carrying a very light small rucksack for this purpose.