A quality pack with all the essential features for the value-conscious backpackers.
- Women-specific Fit-on-the-Fly hip-belt extends up to 3in (7.5cm) on each size to provide a custom fit and accommodate different hip sizes
- LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers load weight to the hip-belt
- Spacer mesh covered lumbar and back panel pads offer cushioning and ventilation
- Torso length is precisely and easily adjustable over a 5in (13cm) range to provide an exact fit
- Women-specific pack design features a narrow pack shape with added depth in the right places
- Women-specific shoulder harness consists of thoughtful angle changes and varying padding thickness to create an anatomical fit for a woman's neck, shoulders, and chest while a sternum strap equalizes the pressure across the shoulder harness
- Women-specific hip-belt takes into account that a women's hips are more conically shaped with a larger difference between the waist and hip measurements so you have a more comfortable load transfer and optimal support
- Viva 50 comfortably carries a maximum weight of 50 pounds of your camping gear for overnight or weekend backpacking trips
- Large top opening lets you effectively pack your gear while a floating top pocket can extend to handle overloads
- Wide-mouth compartment with divider stashes your sleeping bag and supplies easy access to it when you set up camp
- Strong, durable fabric offers you a solid pack for years to come
- External hydration sleeve in back panel simplifies refilling and protects pack from spills
- Large stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear, dual-access mesh side pockets for your water bottle or flask, and zippered hip-belt pockets provide secure storage for your camera or energy goo
- Dual-side compression straps, removable sleeping pad straps, and two ice axe loops for convenience
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment allows you to tuck away trekking poles quickly without having to remove your pack
Share your thoughts
What is your height and weight? I am 5'...
What is your height and weight? I am 5' at 100lbs and have the aura 50/small. The airflow mesh is so wide it throws my center of gravity off so I don't believe it was designed for a small framed person.
This specific pack was designed for someone with a torso length of 14-19 inches and a hip measurement of 25-50 inches. If you fall within any of those measurements the pack should work for you.
Osprey Viva 50
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this pack for single night trips and I tested it during a 4 day hiking/camping trip to make sure it fit well etc... It has plenty of room and several smaller pockets to stash small items. The torso adjustment is very easy to change, the hipbelt is comfortable (although its hard to say what it would feel like when the pack is fully loaded to its weight limit). The hipbelt pockets are large enough for small snacks, lipbalm, a small camera or phone although the zippers need to be broken in a little, I had to use both hands to close them. I didn't have my trekking poles with me but the stow and go looked like it would be very easy to use. While hiking, I got caught in several downpours and I didn't have a rain cover on the pack, the items in the lid compartment did get kinda wet while everything else in the pack got damp, it wasn't too bad but I definitely recommend a rain cover. I will update this review after I have used the pack for an overnight trip.