A women-specific fit for fast-paced pursuits.
From aspen-lined singletrack to heart-pounding trail runs, you'll love the female-specific fit and convenient thirst quenching afforded by the Osprey Women's Verve 9 Hydration Pack. The included three-liter Hydraulics Reservoir is shaped to match the contour of the AirScape back panel for better balance and pack fit, the magnetic bite valve pairs with the magnetic sternum buckle to keep the hose secure when you're bouncing down the trail, and the pack holds a snack and an extra layer when you just need room for a few small items.
- AirScape back panel provides cushion and ventilation for trail runs and cross country rides
- BioStretch ventilated harness is specifically shaped to the female anatomy for a precise and comfortable fit
- 20mm webbing hip belt keeps the pack balanced and in place out on the trail
- Cargo space holds an extra layer and a point-and-shoot camera or snack
- Separate hydration sleeve provides quick access to the reservoir
- Three-liter Hydraulics Reservoir features a HydroStatic backer plate that maintains a low-and-wide profile, preventing interference with your pack's suspension
- Reservoir is made from metallocene PE material that is exceptionally strong, taste-free, and BPA- and PVC-free
- LidLock clip allows you to quickly attach your helmet when not in use
- Main compartment has a pump-specific sleeve
- Top zippered pocket has a soft embossed fabric for stowing sunglasses and electronics
- Magnetic sternum buckle pairs with the magnetic bite valve to keep the hose secure while riding
Share your thoughts
great for biking
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
osprey continues to impress me time and time again. Having other packs of theirs, I picked this up looking for a pack to trail run with. I've run with it, and it actually has a little more space than I need for trail running, but it quickly became my favorite pack for bike commuting. I really like osprey's hydration bladders and love that magnetic bite valve feature to have it sitting there waiting for me on the chest strap.
The verve 9 gives me enough space to carry my u-lock, a layer or two, small pile of snacks, personal items like cell phone & keys, and the 3 liters of water. Not too shabby. Oh, and its comfortable too.
Purchased for Wife
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My wife picked a couple of different packs on here and this one fit her the best (in terms of comfort around the chest area-she has DD with small frame). We returned the other brand, as it was 'cute pattern' but did not fit comfortably. She wore this for two days straight this past weekend and LOVED IT! Very good quality build, worth the premium price. May have to go with OSPREY next time I am in the market for a pack !
Is this waterproof and if it is not does...
Is this waterproof and if it is not does it come with a cover for it?
I don't think you're going to find an included cover for any packs at this size... it's too easy to enclose 100% of the contents inside ziplocs since the volume is so small.
It's not waterproof, no. Very few packs are, and like David said, most packs this small don't come with covers. I'd be surprised if you could even find a cover that fit it, as opposed to waterproofing the inside like he suggested.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I use this bag for mountain biking and hiking and it works great! Osprey makes awesome product that are high quality. It comes with a hydration pack and I love the magnet to connect to your chest buckle to keep it in place. Osprey thinks of everything!
Osprey Packs Verve 9 Hydration Pack
I bought this pack about a month ago. I wanted it because I often travel by bike and wearing a purse while biking is extremely inconvenient, but I need to stash my wallet, bike lock, etc. somewhere so I had to bring something. I am very happy with my choice to buy the Verve 9. At first I thought it was a little too big, but I have used the extra space, so it proved to be a good choice. My bike lock fits perfectly in the overflow area and the large pocket fits a sweater and the front pocket is actually quite large and can fit a couple sandwiches. I really appreciate the larger pocket because when you go out on a cold morning and leave with a sweater on, its good to be able to stash it once you get moving and heat up.
It comes with a 3L reservoir, which I think is too big, but its not a big deal. I just don't fill it up all the way.
Overall it is great and does what it's meant to do. I love it.