- Community Images
Be prepared for an epic ride.
Women love railing down dirt, too, which is why Osprey designed the Women's Raven 14 Hydration Pack with specific shoulder straps, waistbelt, and torso sizing just for the ladies. A three-liter hydration system with HydraLock easy handling and ergonomic shape keeps you quenched and energized while you're rolling through aspens or hauling butt down the hillside. With room enough to bring a rain jacket and extra layers, a snack bigger than an energy bar, and essential tools for quick fixes and the organization to hold it all logically, you can go prepared for the ride of a lifetime.
- Women-specific shoulder straps, hipbelt, and torso sizing for uncompromising fit and comfort
- AirScape backpanel provides cushioned, breathable ridge-molded foam that gives ample support and cool comfort
- Stretch sternum strap has magnetic hose attachment for quick and easy access to live-sustaining water
- BioStretch harness features perforated EVA foam with large holes for enhanced breathability and comfortable stretch lined with soft, breathable spaced mesh
- Mesh-covered BioStretch built-in hipbelt breathes via perforation and features a modified, straight ErgoPull closure
- Large front pocket with shove-it pocket behind holds extra clothing and nourishment for a full-day ride
- Ample 3-liter Hydraulics reservoir features an integral framesheet to keep water close to your body and prevent barreling, a rigid handle for easy insertion into pack, and wide-mouth cap for easy filling and cleaning
- MPE film in reservoir ensures taste-free water and is durable enough to handle hot water
- Rugged and light 70 x 100D nylon shadow creek fabric withstands outdoor wear and tear
- Removable roll-up tool pouch keeps your fix-it essentials organized and accessible; lower zip compartment provides access to tool pouch
- Hydration sleeve allows direct access via zipper for loading in a hurry
- LidLock clip secures helmet when not in use
- Internal sleeve hold pump for organization and security
- Zippered stretch mesh hipbelt pockets secure small, quick-access items; stretch mesh front pocket lets you quickly stash extra gear
- Zippered, embossed sunglass pocket protects your eyewear
- Blinker light attachment patch and reflective graphics add safety when the ride goes long
Share your thoughts
A better view...
Pays for itself.
Available from B.C.
Keep it Clean & Dry
A MUST HAVE.
Ospreys' hydration cleaning system takes care of all the nooks & crannies for funk-free H2O!
'Putt'n on Airs'...
Osprey Raven 14's "AirScape"back panel allows good air flow for even the hottest rides.
View of the side pockets you can keep some essentials for on the go; unfortunately, they are smaller than the Raptor's side pocket. Hopefully Osprey will tweak this "little" detail...we ladies need to carry a energy snack(s)/phone where it is easily accessible, too. These pockets are just a tad too small in my opinion, but still do-able.
Not just for decoration!
This kit isn't as large as it may seem here (it's just smoothed-out to show detail); it easily fits inside this pack, with room to spare for other items. And you can really carry quite a lot, both inside/outside of it.
The little side zip pockets could be larger, though...for a frame of reference, they just fit one of those little travel tissue packs. So you can keep your lip balm, or other small items in it (I also keep one of those very loud plastic 'survival' whistles in one of the pockets to help ward off coyotes or to call for help in case of a bad crash (or thug...and on that note: a small pepper spray kept handy isn't a bad idea, either)!
Room enough for essentials + more!
Cant say enough good about this pack!
Room enough even for my A.M.K. .9 first aid kit, and room left-over to boot, but not cumbersome or sloppy! Plenty of adjustments, and it stays in place even when fully loaded.
An AWSOME feature!
Love the Helmet-Holder!
Helmet easily clips on/off, elastic bands are adjustable for whatever size helmet you wear (mine is a 'M').
Like the guitar/bike stand!
Just in Case...
All you ladies should carry this med. kit, which fits neatly in this pack with room to spare. It's totally light weight, so there's no reason not to pack it...you may find yourself helping someone else, too. Must be the X-Girl Scout in me (no, not really, but why not!).
Except for the cap problems on both my pack, and my friend Raptor 14, these are by far the best packs out there!
Love this size pack, it's just right. I'd rather be 'over prepared' than not, cause you just never know what adventures lie ahead!
Quick Pic of my Awesome Raven & A.M.K.
Has room enough for the A.M.K. .9 (first aid kit) that fits neatly at the bottom of the main compartment; leaving plenty of room for other essentials. Even room for my Gore ALP-X 2.0 jacket rolled neatly in the 'shove-it pouch; and still there' more room to boot!
Room enough to still add an additional jersey/warmers; and food, too. Love it!
Osprey Packs Raven 14 Hydration Pack
For Ladies', Only...
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Finally! It seems 'someone' has realized there is a real market/need out there, ie us ladies! As mentioned in the description, it has ALL the amentities as the mens' version...only difference is the length of the pack, and the fit of the shoulder straps; just a little shorter, and therefore a bit more comfortable. First hot weather ride this season, with this pack...no problems, a little sweaty on lower back, but that's to be expected. With the right jersey, and a few breaks here & there no biggy, dried-out pretty well pretty quickly! No shifting of the pack, either, though I think the hip-belt could have been made to be able to secure it a little tighter (I tighten it all the way and could go a bit more if it were possible, and I'm not petite). Even though initially heavy fully loaded (I tend to bring the 'kitchen sink'!), it's like nothing when actually on. Want to point out that the A.M.K. .9 (water-proof first aid kit) fits perfectly in the bottom of the large compartment, and there is still tons of room for whatever! Very well balanced and stable, considering.
Hope they come out with one in black next season (got purple, my favorite color). I gave the new Raptor 14 to a friend of mine, so I was able to compare both, and the Raven does have a better fit: I am 5'6", average build(well, maybe just a bit over average!), and as I said, had to snug the straps as tight as they can go, but not uncomfortably...point is that there is plenty enough room for any larger ladies, too. I JUST LOVE THIS PACK!
And remember, when not fully loaded, you can cinch the whole pack down, as compactly as you wish, so there's never any unnecessary bulk.
*Also recommend the raincover made by osprey, available through B.C. Choose size XS for this pack.