Select your style & size:Select options
Makes multiple types of travel possible.
Versatility is what the Osprey Meridian 28 Rolling Convertible Backpack is all about. Whether you take the ferry across the English Channel, go by train to Paris, or find yourself at a dirt-road bus stop, the Meridian allows you to choose between its inline skate wheels or plush backpack system to help you get from place to place. Plus a removable daypack works great for short trips around town and as an under-the-seat bag on airplanes.
- Ballistic polyester and nylon provide solid durability and longevity while you rack up frequent flyer miles
- Backpack system comes in handy when the terrain gets a bit sketchy
- Backpack system features foam padded shoulder straps and fully padded spacer mesh lumber and hipbelt to transfer load effectively, and it zips away so straps won't flap around in wheeling mode
- New second slot in ventilated mesh backpanel extends adjustable torso length for the right fit
- All backpack suspension components are removable to allow for increased packing capacity
- HighRoad high-clearance chassis enables the Meridian to roll down the street, subway platform, and tarmac with ease
- Smooth-operating retractable handle has an ergonomic grip for comfortable transport
- Padded top and side handles supply comfortable carry
- Large main compartment is accessed through a panel zip with lockable sliders
- Internal compression straps feature fabric wings that hold clothes securely in place
- Four zippered pockets in main compartment keep your gear organized, while a removable daypack works well for your toiletries, liquids, or frequently used items
- Pouch clips on front panel retain daypack attachment buckles
- Rear panel stashes your mags, while an ID card window lets everyone know who owns this fabulously awesome bag
- Hideaway quick-release attachment strap simplifies carrying an extra bag
- Please check your airline for actual size restrictions; most airlines allow carry-on baggage not exceeding 45 linear inches
- Item #OSP0284
- Q & A
Quality Travel Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
After traveling exclusively with a backpack for nearly 20 years, I finally decided to give a convertible a try. I could not be happier! This bag has plenty of room for a 1-2 month trip, and I found the removable daypack to be very useful! The daypack itself isn't just a cheapy, but actually very well made, with a padded pocket for a laptop even! It zips on and off the main suitcase very easily and securely. The wheels are tough and sturdy and rolled easily over varied terrain. When it came time to convert it into a backpack, the conversion process was very simple and quick, making it totally do-able to switch from backpack mode to rolling luggage mode in just a matter of a few minutes! Being an Osprey product, I am not surprised at the high quality construction and well though out design of this bag. It performed outstandingly on my recent 2 month trip to Indonesia! Still looks like new after taking untold wear and tear, and I expect this bag to be my
constant travel companion for many years to come! Thanks Osprey! I can now evolve from being a "backpacker" to a "flashpacker", while having the best of both worlds!
Osprey Fall '09 Packs Meridian & Sojourn
Bag has performed flawlessly
I travelled with a 22" and 28" Meridian Bag on a Month long trip to Indonesia with my wife 2 years ago and numerous trips since. The bag has survived several trips at this point and outside of some scuffs from air travel looks almost new. These are very tough bags with comfortable handles and the ability to convert into a backpack. This is a very handy feature when travelling to Europe (where hotels often have no lifts or elevators) or Anywhere you may have no paved road or very rough roads that have to be travelled over to get from one destination to the other. I found the wheels to be both sturdy and large enough to travel over cobbled or rough gravel roads with no issue. The 22" was the perfect size for most carryon bins and the 28" was large enough for a long trip. After a trial run my wife and I were able to fit all of the clothign for an upcoming 28 day climbing trip for our family of four in the two bags. We are light packers, but with some immagination you can get a lot into these things.
One note - with the removeable backpacks attached these are top heavy and will likely fall over. Its a great benefit when pulling and moving the bags from one location to the other, but can be a hasle if you're sitting around and want the bags to stand on the wheel side.
Osprey Meridian Series Travel Luggage
Does the 4577 cu in volume include the detachable day pack or is it for the main pack only?