- Community Images
Go lighter and smarter.
As you can see with the Mantra 20 Hydration Pack, Osprey thinks differently: to it, a hydration pack is a full system that not only quenches your thirst for optimal performance, but organizes your gear in a thoughtful manner. Though the smallest in the Manta series, it provides the full set of features, but in a lighter, more compact construction. It boasts the advanced HydraLock frame that makes packing your reservoir a breeze and a magnetic valve holder for quick and frequent sips. AirSpeed suspension and a BioStretch harness distribute and stabilize the load for maximum comfort, and plentiful pockets and organizing elements, including a padded sunglasses pocket and trekking pole carrier, keep everything tidy for speedy access.
- AirSpeed mesh backpanel supported by LightWire frame incorporates side vents so you don’t get bogged down by the sweaties and ridge foam to keep your back happy
- BioStretch harness features perforated EVA foam with large holes for enhanced breathability and comfortable stretch lined with soft, breathable spacer mesh
- Stretch sternum strap has magnetic hose clip for quick and easy access to life-sustaining water
- Mesh-covered BioStretch built-in hip-belt transfer and stabilizes load, breathes via perforation, and features a modified, straight ErgoPull closure
- Rugged and light 70 x 100D nylon shadow creek and 600D polyester fabrics withstand outdoor wear and tear
- Integrated rain cover comes out when the clouds let loose
- Ample 3-liter Hydraulics reservoir features an integral framesheet to keep water close to your body and prevent barreling, a rigid handle for easy insertion into pack, and wide-mouth cap for easy filling and cleaning
- MPE film in reservoir ensures taste-free water and is durable enough to handle hot water
- Hydration sleeve allows direct access via zipper for loading in a hurry
- Zippered stretch mesh hip-belt pockets secure small, quick-access items, stretch mesh front and side pockets let you quickly stash extra gear, and zippered, embossed sunglasses pocket protects your eyewear
- Dual side compression straps keep load lean and close to body for a stable haul
- Helmet attachment loop gives you a spot to hang your climb, bike, or ski helmet while not in use
- Stow-on-the-Go loops secure your trekking poles out of the way when not needed
Share your thoughts
Mt. Si, Washington
After reaching the base of Mt. Si's summit before the Haystack. Overlooking the cities of Bellevue, Seattle, and North Bend.
Manashtash Ridge in Eastern Washington
Light pack for a short hike.
Best Day Hike Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Have used this all around Western Washington's day hike peaks including Mt. Si, Rattlesnake Ledge, Mt. Pilchuck, and many others. I was able to fit the ten essentials with a water reservoir that is perfect for day hikes. I have also used this pack for going to the climbing gym to fit my harness, belay devices, rock shoes, and chalk bag. Anyone looking for a lightweight hiking pack, this is it.
Osprey Packs Manta 20 Hydration Pack
I see that the new 20L version is 'one...
I see that the new 20L version is 'one size' only. How does it compare with last years M/L in torso length?
Measurements for the M/L are:
19.5" x 9.5" x 8.5"
With a empty weight of 2 lb. 4 oz.