Women-specific pack that carries a long weekend's worth of gear with ease.
Carry up to 60 pounds in comfort when you backpack for the weekend with the Osprey Women's Ariel 55 Backpack. Its women-specific harness is wider in the collarbone and tapered in the chest area for carrying comfort, while the Ariel 55's women-specific pack design and IsoForm CM hip-belt balance firmness and cushioning. When you arrive at your campsite, the new J-shaped zip access lets you open up the Ariel 55 and pull out a layer without spilling everything else out of the bag, too.
- Women's IsoForm CM hip-belt balances firmness and cushioning for optimal carry while the IsoForm harness provides a women-specific comfortable fit during your ladies weekend backpacking trip
- LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers load weight to the hip-belt while the Airscape back panel features a smooth spacer mesh lumbar fabric for breathability and comfort
- Single 6061-T6 center stay maintains back panel shape
- Women-specific pack design features a narrow pack shape with added depth in the right places
- Women-specific shoulder harness consists of thoughtful angle changes and varying padding thickness to create an anatomical fit for a woman's neck, shoulders, and chest while a sternum strap equalizes the pressure across the shoulder harness
- Women-specific hip-belt takes into account that a women's hips are more conically shaped with a larger difference between the waist and hip measurements so you have a more comfortable load transfer and optimal support
- Ariel 55 comfortably carries a maximum weight of 60 pounds of your camping gear for overnight or weekend backpacking trips
- Large top opening lets you effectively pack your gear while a front J-zip provides quick access to the main compartment during your hike
- Wide-mouth compartment with divider stashes your sleeping bag and supplies easy access to it when you set up camp
- Top pocket converts to a lumbar pack with a built-in belt for convenience when you take short day hikes away from camp (built-in belt stores behind the fabric lumbar pad when not in use)
- Strong, durable fabric offers you a solid pack for years to come
- External hydration sleeve in back panel simplifies refilling and protects pack from spills
- Large stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear, dual access stretch mesh side pockets for your water bottle or flask, and zippered hip-belt pockets provide secure storage for your camera or energy goo
- Dual-side compression straps, removable sleeping pad straps, two ice axe loops and handle wraps, and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment for convenience
- StraightJacket compression technology secures any size load
- Item #OSP0325
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have used the Ariel 55 now for 2 years and won't try another pack! You know the feeling when something was just made for you? Well ladies, this is it. Awesome harness, super comfy hipbelt... I love the zipper access into the main body, and they have a super generous bottom zipper for sleeping bag access.
The top lid turns into a great waist pack WITH it's own hipbelt. And if your pack is less full, then you have a way to really compress everything by pulling the comp straps all the way over to the side - very slick design!
You will be so, so happy with this pack! I know I am!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This pack was my first hiking backpack purchase... and I am really happy with it! I purchased it for an volunteer trip I was participating in where we would essentially be camping indoors. The 55L was a perfect size for my two week trip! I was able to store my sleeping bag in the appropriate compartment and attach a mattress to the outside of the pack. I was able to store 6 sets of scrubs, pj's, hiking clothes, dinner-out clothes, toiletries etc inside as well. Lots of compartments. And it's super light! It weighed 35 pounds total when I went to check it in on the plane. But another cool fact about the 55L is that if you don't stuff it so full in the top compartment, you could even place it in the overhead compartment on the plane, which is what I am going to try to do in 2 weeks! It seems like a good quality product as well, which is the reputation that Osprey has. My flatmate recommended this brand highly after she went backpacking through Thailand. Can't wait to take mine camping in scotland and backpacking through Europe!
I gave this bag a 4 out of 5 stars instead of the full 5 because it is slightly awkward to put on and take off and wear in general. But it's not a defect in the bag per say. It could just be me adjusting to carrying that much on my back!
Osprey Packs Ariel 55 Backpack
Looks Great, Wears Very Poorly
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was really excited to get my first Osprey pack with its esthetics & bells & whistles. The pack was female specific & my size. Unfortunately, the pack has never been "worn in." Each and every time I use it, especially for long hikes or multi days,
the straps cut into my shoulders. The pack has such an uncomfortable fit. Regardless of how the pack is adjusted, the straps just dig in and leave bruises. This is the worst pack I've owned.
Nope, it is not included. Here is Osprey's pack cover: http://www.backcountry.com/osprey-packs-ul-raincover-osp0131