Women-specific pack that carries a long weekend's worth of gear with ease.
Carry up to 60 pounds in comfort when you backpack for the weekend with the Osprey Women's Ariel 55 Backpack. Its women-specific harness is wider in the collarbone and tapered in the chest area for carrying comfort, while the Ariel 55's women-specific pack design and IsoForm CM hip-belt balance firmness and cushioning. When you arrive at your campsite, the new J-shaped zip access lets you open up the Ariel 55 and pull out a layer without spilling everything else out of the bag, too.
- Women's IsoForm CM hip-belt balances firmness and cushioning for optimal carry while the IsoForm harness provides a women-specific comfortable fit during your ladies weekend backpacking trip
- LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers load weight to the hip-belt while the Airscape back panel features a smooth spacer mesh lumbar fabric for breathability and comfort
- Single 6061-T6 center stay maintains back panel shape
- Women-specific pack design features a narrow pack shape with added depth in the right places
- Women-specific shoulder harness consists of thoughtful angle changes and varying padding thickness to create an anatomical fit for a woman's neck, shoulders, and chest while a sternum strap equalizes the pressure across the shoulder harness
- Women-specific hip-belt takes into account that a women's hips are more conically shaped with a larger difference between the waist and hip measurements so you have a more comfortable load transfer and optimal support
- Ariel 55 comfortably carries a maximum weight of 60 pounds of your camping gear for overnight or weekend backpacking trips
- Large top opening lets you effectively pack your gear while a front J-zip provides quick access to the main compartment during your hike
- Wide-mouth compartment with divider stashes your sleeping bag and supplies easy access to it when you set up camp
- Top pocket converts to a lumbar pack with a built-in belt for convenience when you take short day hikes away from camp (built-in belt stores behind the fabric lumbar pad when not in use)
- Strong, durable fabric offers you a solid pack for years to come
- External hydration sleeve in back panel simplifies refilling and protects pack from spills
- Large stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear, dual access stretch mesh side pockets for your water bottle or flask, and zippered hip-belt pockets provide secure storage for your camera or energy goo
- Dual-side compression straps, removable sleeping pad straps, two ice axe loops and handle wraps, and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment for convenience
- StraightJacket compression technology secures any size load
Share your thoughts
Osprey Packs Ariel 55 Backpack
Looks Great, Wears Very Poorly
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was really excited to get my first Osprey pack with its esthetics & bells & whistles. The pack was female specific & my size. Unfortunately, the pack has never been "worn in." Each and every time I use it, especially for long hikes or multi days,
the straps cut into my shoulders. The pack has such an uncomfortable fit. Regardless of how the pack is adjusted, the straps just dig in and leave bruises. This is the worst pack I've owned.
Nope, it is not included. Here is Osprey's pack cover: http://www.backcountry.com/osprey-packs-ul-raincover-osp0131