Spend your day above the clouds with all you need in the world in front of you (and tucked into your pack.)
- O-Flex Frame distributes the weight properly to your legs to keep your back ready for more powdery laps
- Back-accessed main compartment holds your extra gloves, layers, and goggles until you’re ready to transition to downhill mode
- Carries one pair of skis up to 120mm wide or one snowboard for booting up a chute-riddled summit
- Water-repellent zippers keep extra layers dry
- Helmet carry system holds your brain bucket when skinning through mellow valleys or hiking to the bar
- Ice axe and gear loops secure big mountain gear if you decide to reach farther and higher for big lines
- Sternum strap comes with a built-in whistle so that you can signal for help when you need it
Share your thoughts
Review of Ortovox Haute Route Pack
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I purchased this pack for ski touring and ski patrolling. It is perfect in many respects except it is a tad small ie its a real squash to hold all the essential kit touring and snow safety gear ie, peeps, probe and shovel, first aid kit, ski skins snow analysing tools, lunch, drink bottle and extra clothing. Also there are no adjustments up high on the shoulder straps ie from the bag to the shoulder straps, therefore you cant snug it in close to your body if running up and down mountains (so the bag jumps up and down as you run, which ends up hurting your neck muscles).
I think it's bulletproof
This Ortovox pack has a TON of pockets and places to put your gear. i haven't figured out the optimal way to pack it yet since the biggest compartment is accessed via the inside (faces your back) rather than the outside. I have the largest BD shovel and i have to take the handle all the way off to fit it in the pack, but if your shovel is normal backcountry shovel sized, you should not have a problem. It was not intuitive how to strap on a snowboard, but this pack comes with lots of straps and a handy helmet holdernet. The pack is made of heavy duty material. i am not worried about snagging it on anything. The fit is great. Well constructed.