Protect yourself and the rest of your backcountry ski party when you carry the Free Rider 26.
- Avalanche safety pocket holds your shovel and probe inside its red zipper pulls
- Carries skis up to 150mm wide for booting up a chute-riddled summit with your fatties
- Back-accessed main compartment holds your extra gloves, layers, and goggles for when you transition into downhill mode
- Water-resistant zippers keep extra layers dry and ready to wear
- Helmet carry system holds your brain bucket when skinning through mellow valleys or hiking to the bar
- Ice axe and gear loops secure big mountain gear when you reach farther and higher for big lines
- Whistle on the sternum strap signals help when you need it in the backcountry
- Fits back lengths 17-20.5in (44-52cm)
Share your thoughts
Best BC Pack. Ever. Almost.
First off, i want to point of the extreme comfort this pack offers. The included five-layer SPS back protector integrated into the padded back panel offers much needed protection, but also a comfortable layer of padding against your back. The six shock absorbing foam pads offer amazing comfort and padding as well. Another awesome feature is the waist strap, which makes use of an elastic/neoprene section to keep the pack securely and comfortably in place. Gotta love it. The strap also uses a buckle to ensure it stays exactly where you need it. Other Notes: The Helmet carry works perfectly, as does the ski carry system. The large pocket offers a great system for storing the shovel blade and handle, as well as a specific place for your probe. The rest of the large pocket has plenty of room for layers, extra goggles, or anything else you need to bring along. Fits back lengths 17-20.5in (44-52cm). Ice axe and gear loops secure big mountain gear when quite well - no complaints here. Whistle on the sternum strap works super well - very loud. Water-resistant materials and zippers keep your layers and other equipment dry during snowfall.
I say almost because of one thing - there is no insulated hydration sleeve - can be simply taken care of with the camelback winter accessory.