- Detail Images
Dirigo means 'I lead.'
Sometimes the largest fish are found off shores only accessible by boat. Let the Ocean Kayak Dirigo 120 Angler Kayak take you to the furthest shores. Purpose-built holders keep your rods close at hand, padded seating keeps you comfortable while you wait for the fish, and a stable hull design allows you to cast aggressively in any direction without fear of flipping over. This 12-foot boat allows you to sneak into tight coves with all your fishing gear and land a prize winner without ever firing up a motor.
- Polyethylene hull is durable and highly resistant to warping and impact
- Stabil-form hull shape uses minimal rocker from bow to stern, the hull width flares underneath the cockpit for stability, and an aggressive molded-in stern skeg improves tracking
- Bow and stern seats are padded for comfort, the midship jumper seat provides seating for a small child, and stern seating adjusts forward so this boat can be paddled solo
- Glide Track foot brace system uses padded pedals for support, and the pedals adjust on a track to accommodate different leg lengths
- Thigh pads put a layer of padding between the paddler's thighs and the edge of the cockpit
- Bow cockpit features a small Glove Box storage hatch to hold a cell phone, keys, or other small items
- Stern hatch provides enough room for a small drybag, and the Click Seal secures tight with a single flip of a switch on the hard plastic lid
- Angler-specific features include a pair of flush-mounted rod holders behind the cockpit, a canon-style rod holder on the deck in front of the cockpit, and an anchor trolley system
- Other features include cup holders, paddle holders, a deck bungee system, and a safety perimeter line
- Retractable carry handles give you something to hold on to for loading and unloading into the water
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I got this kayak shipped to me a couple of weeks ago. The kayak had a couple of small scratches but nothing serious. The only thing was that they forgot to ship the anchor and rod holder, which they shipped to me in a week or so. The kayak is excellent, it is quite stable and tracks very straight, it is pretty good for speed and is light weight. It is perfect for fishing, I caught many nice smallies and one exceeding 6 lbs. I also like fishing in a kayak because the kayak acts like a drag when u catch a fish. The kayak is also very comfortable and has lots of storage space at the bow and stern of the kayak.