- Community Images
A compact, recreational kayak for smaller paddlers of all experience levels.
Smaller paddlers can hop on the Ocean Kayak Tetra 10 Sit-On-Top Kayak and confidently paddle across calm lakes or ocean surf. Defined hull lines help this boat track straight so you can cover long distances efficiently, and those same hull lines give this boat rock-solid stability when the conditions turn rough and choppy. No matter what your experience level, you'll love the comfortable seating, ample gear storage, and maneuverable and easy-to-paddle feel of this sit-on-top.
- California Hard Chine hull shape offers tons of lateral stability for the waves and gives this boat a precise, maneuverable feeling
- Straight hull profile (no rocker) offers the best tracking (keeping a straight line) for long-distance paddling
- Removable Comfort Hybrid seat has tons of padding and dries quickly
- Support Track System has two pedals for your feet, and the pedals adjust easily to accommodate different leg lengths
- Rear tankwell offers enough storage for a small dry bag and features bungee cord webbing to keep your gear secure
- Paddle-keeper bungee on the side secures your paddle when you take a moment to rest or to take pictures
- Quick Seal bow hatch keeps items dry and secure
- Bow drain plug makes it easy to drain any water from inside the hull
- Compatible Ocean Kayak Rudder Kit will dramatically increase maneuverability in windy conditions (sold separately)
Share your thoughts
Tetra Line Overview
Looking for a 1 person Kayak to catch &...
Looking for a 1 person Kayak to catch & ride 2' to 12" Surf. Often rough conditions. What models (open & closed) do you suggest. Thank You! Doug / email@example.com
1. If you are asking about surf between two feet and 12 INCHES, then yes, this boat will get the job done.
2. If you are asking about surf between two feet and 12 FEET, depending on your level of experience, you might want to be asking some different questions. 12 feet is getting pretty big, and that's a ton of water pushing you around.. If you're looking to get into surf like that you might want to steer away from this guy towards a boat that's a bit more streamlined and more designed for surfing.. steer away from "recreational" boats.
Hopefully that helps you out a bit..
On my way home, only 51 lbs, light :)
When your 6 feet tall :))) and 200lbs
My first Kayak :)
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Have been paddling before and love the ocean!
So this is my first kayak.
Got this one because it sounded sensible for ocean and waves, a sort and light kayak.
Used it everyday for 3weeks now and and its awesome in the waves! easy to turn and you dont fall out, if you dont get scared and jump ship ;)
In calm ocean waters it travels nice, but would be nice to have the rudder option.
I would not recommend this for anyone much taller then 6feet.
Im 6 feet and 200lbs, and its perfect for my use :)
If you get waves over the kayak it will go inside the kayak so its not waterproof.
Its a really nice build and i love it :))
Would give it 4,5, but ill do a 5 :)))