- Detail Images
Huge tech for small faces.
The Oakley Asian Fit Split Jacket Sunglasses feature a design made for smaller faces that require a secure fit and High Definition Optics for getting after it. The Split Jacket features Switchlock technology which allows for easy interchanging of lens to adjust for lighting and activity.
- Soft Vault case (included) stows sunglasses and extra pair of lenses
- UVA, UVB, UVC protection
Share your thoughts
Great Value for the Sale Price
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The split jacket asian fit fits my lower nose bridge profile better than the 'normal' version.
The lenses coverage is definitely smaller than that of the Jawbone(owned the +red iridium polarized); but I prefer the former's design and form.
Purchased the Black Iridium Polarized lenses too from Backcountry shortly after and loving the combo.
Overall pleased with my purchase.
excellent fit for the right face
"Asian Fit" tends to turn a lot of prospective wearers away, simply because it's a bit misleading. This delineation is simply reserved for certain Oakley frames with a slightly narrower and deeper nose bridge. They certainly fit a good many Asian facial profiles, but other facial types are not a complete exclusion. To really dial in the right fit, Oakley also includes a second pair of specially-sized nose pads with the AF Split Jackets which allow the frame to sit a little bit higher on your face. If you struggle with finding sunglasses that don't perch comfortably on your nose and bump the tops of your cheeks, the Asian Fit might be for you. Frame width is not part of the equation here; if you have a wider head, they'll still fit, but if you have a wider or 'taller' nose, you'll probably want the standard Split Jacket. Fit aside, the Split Jacket is an excellent medium-coverage sport frame that lacks some of the overt aggression of the Jawbone, while still delivering top-tier performance with an intuitive lens interchange system. Note that all Split Jacket lenses will fit any model of Split Jacket frame - Asian Fit, or otherwise.
* I have a medium-large sized head and prefer the coverage of the Jawbone, but this Split Jacket still fits fine - it's just a matter of getting the nose bomb fit just right
* changing out the nose bombs on the Split Jackets is easy, but there is a specific technique to doing it without damaging the mounts:
1) unlock the nose piece to open the frame's "jaw" and remove the lens
2) take notice of the tiny "claw" opening on the nose piece (the part that attaches to the alloy bar in the frame), grip the frame firmly (you might find it easier to close the jaw first), and pull the nose piece directly downward - opposite the attachment point and away from the frame
I am not Asian; in fact I am as pasty white as they come... my wife refers to me as plain white vanilla (I am not sure if that is a compliment). Anyway, though I stand 6'1" and weigh 175 lbs I have a smallish face and find Oakleys are generally too big. These fit great and look good too... and most importantly they have the legendary Oakley optics so I can see EVERYTHING!
Do regular replacement lenses work in the...
Do regular replacement lenses work in the Asian fit version?
Lenses are all the same. The frame is redesigned for differently-shaped faces.
A little bit bulky but as the name suggests a good fit for smaller faces. Love the easy lens interchange system, hated the fact that the nose piece was VERY uncomfortable.