- Detail Images
Whoa ... talk about an aerodynamic pair of shades.
If you're looking at the Oakley M Frame Hybrid Iridium and wondering where the differences between the Hybrid and the Sweep are, look at the sides of the lenses. The Hybrid is taller and has a squared-off edge. This means the lens offers more coverage and is better-suited for most medium and large faces.
The M Frame is the iconic Oakley sport sunglass frame. M Frames do a number of things really well. The radically-curved single lens brings super protection in a minimal shape that offers incredible clarity. The three-point fit is both comfortable and firm. The arms stay out of the way of helmet straps without being obtrusive. And the ability to easily swap lenses for different tints and shapes is pretty much unmatched, except by other Oakleys.
The frame and hinged temple pieces are the usual light, sturdy, flexible O-Matter. The nosepieces and ear socks are Unobtanium rubber. This stuff gets stickier the more you sweat. And if it ever wears out, the Unobtanium pieces can be replaced.
The Oakley M Frame Hybrid Iridium is available in Crystal Red w/Positive Red Iridium lens and Polished White w/Jade Iridium lens. Positive Red is a high-contrast base with a mirror coating for sunny days; it allows 15% light transmission. Jade has a neutral green base with a mirror coating for sunny days; it allows 17% light transmission. It comes with a soft bag that doubles as a cleaning cloth. All M Frame lenses will fit in an M Frame.
- Plutonite lens blocks out all UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light
- A patented toric performance shield for complete, distortion-free coverage
- A Three Point Fit system gives you a comfortable, secure fit with optical alignment
- Lightweight, stress-resistant frame for going fast
- Interchangeable design (extra lenses sold separately) for optimal performance in different conditions
- Unobtanium nose and temple pads increase grip with perspiration and provide maximum comfort
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've had these for 15 years and counting. They are great glasses for any outdoor activity (and indoor like squash). I have multiple lenses and find them very easy to change. I can't recommend these highly enough for your outdoor endeavours!
I had several of these shades issued to me when I served abroad. Rock solid shades, and "bullet proof". These have been known to stop shrapnel in combat situations. Comfortable, and very durable aswell.