Select your style & size:Select options
The NRS Oar Tether gives you a fighting chance to get your oar back in place in time to avert disaster on the river. The Oar Tether comes as a pair so you'll have both oars protected.
- Quick-release 1-inch cam buckle joins the two halves of the Oar Tether and lets you adjust the length of the Tether and easily remove the oar when needed
- Oar Tethers comes as a pair for convenience and so you have both oars protected
- To secure Oar Tethers, put one metal ring underneath the oarlock or pin, or slide the ring under the frame-side rail and loop the strap through it to secure it to the frame
- Then detach blade from your oar and slide the other metal ring onto the oar shaft
- Note: Oar Tethers do not fit the full-size NRS Sawyer oars
- Item #NRS0186
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
First time rowing a raft in years, was put in a cataraft and told to get it. Not 100 yards into a 5 day trip I had that bad boy standing on end, doing everything I could not to loose our precious cargo or take a swim in 35 degree crisp, cold, Alaskan glacial run off water. In the process, I did however loose an oar... It was a sad moment since between 3 boats we only had 2 spares and it was a pretty freak deal to loose one in the first place. Well, after a quick reintroduction, we went on our way with no other mishaps AND a couple of river bends down river we found the oar. Long story short, these oar tethers can really save you from being between a rock and a hard place or whittling an oar out of a tree... If you are on the river, try not to loose the 2 you are using AND have a spare, especially on long multi day floats... Lesson learned and I've been pretty fortunate to not have that happen again.