Free to jib everything is sight.
Take it from the rail line to the big jumps in total comfort in the Northwave Freedom SL Men's Snowboard Boot. This mid-flexing boot has a heel retention system to keep your foot locked in place so you have total control over your board, and the Hypershock sole is lightweight so you don't get weighed down.
- Super Lace speed lacing system allows you to independently tighten the upper and lower zones of your boot quickly for a customized fit
- 360° Heel Retention System has webbing attached to the laces that's anchored to the back of the boot to lock your heel down when the laces are tightened
- Hypershock EVA outsole is ultralight and provides excellent traction
- TF1 heat-moldable liner has a speed lacing system for a firm hold and a seamless toe area for increased comfort
- EVA footbed with side supports for better thermal insulation and shock absorption
- Free Lobster Clothing socks included
Share your thoughts
Review of the 2012 model
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a review for the 2012 model which is basically the same as these new 2014's (minus the free socks lol).
These boots set themselves apart from the rest out there with its lacing system. The locking mechanism is tight! Literally! It won't loosen up, well way less than other brands. If you research reviews many will tell you that the first time you lace up it will loosen a bit kinda like it's warming up. The next time you lace up it will stay secure all day. It's weird but that's how it is for me and other people. Most boots secure their laces through some kind of teeth or exposed snap-in system. Northwave's Superlace goes through a cage and gets clamped down tight like a maximum security prison for snowboarders who've ridden so gnarly that what they do is considered a crime!
The fit and comfort was excellent straight out of the box. It hugs your feet without pressure points like they are inside one solid construction. No discomfort riding them all day. They seem to be light as expected for a freestyle boot. They're responsive enough for some light to moderate powder riding.
Regarding size and some will verify this get these boots the same size as your street shoes. Mine were half a size larger and it still felt a little big even putting strain on the lacing system and tongue for me to get them snug fit. I now have a size 8 Northwave Decade SL and they fit perfect with just enough wiggle room for my toes and lacing is just right.
they are great boots!!! Very easy to adjust and very comfortable... The speed lace system is awesome and has a fancy lock thingy that's pretty sweet!!! Just make sure you dig out the really tightly packed paper that is only in the toe when you buy them because I definitely forgot to and bought a bigger pair :P