Backcountry bombproof meets a street smart style.
Norrona mixed backcountry-worthy protection into a city-worthy style with the Women's Roldal Gore-Tex Jacket. Its three-layer Gore-Tex shell offers Norrona's highest rated waterproof, windproof, breathable protection available, and fully taped seams enhance waterproofing by preventing a single snowflake from seeping through. The Roldal is light and compressible for backcountry touring, and still bombproof for the snowiest weather at the ski resort.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Gore-Tex three-layer shell
- Fully taped seams
- X-open ventilation system
- Powder skirt with Zip-seal system
- Helmet-compatible hood with one-hand adjustment
- Hook-and-loop cuffs with internal hand gaiters
- Dual-adjustable hem
- Zippered hand, chest, wrist, and internal pockets
- Item #NRA003M
- Q & A
Loving this jacket
This jacket is waterproof. The fabric starts to look wet, but it never goes through. It's a bit bulky for backcountry for me. I use it for resort days. Pockets are well placed. Love the length. Durable. Wide pow skirt that is very effective. The hood is perfect for over a helmet. The vent system is great, which is good because that little bit of insulation in there is actually really warm. Haven't needed a mid layer yet!
Norrøna Roldal Gore-Tex Jacket - Womens
A great purchase!
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: S
I've received my new season Roldal jacket today in Arednalin color. I'm 5'5 and 115 lbs so the S size I got is perfect for the following reasons:
- the fit is athletic (so it's close to your body). Had I ordered a smaller size it would have made it difficult for me to actually wear a mid layer.
- the hood is adjustable in the real sense of the word. With my size I needed the hood to keep the neck warm and away from wind and this is exactely what it does
- the sleeves are bit long (like they cover the full arm), but I learned that it's not an inconvenient at all. Actually I have grown to love these sleeves as they leave a lot of room for movement and you can close them perfectly at your wrist
- the length of the jacket is longer than what you regularly get with a similar jacket from any other top manufacturer (Arc'teryx included). I was really happy with this detail as it makes the jacket warmer than others.
- the pockets and ventilation are another great detail. Only what you need.
- plus the goggle wipe - if you wear glasses, like I do, you'll love it for being available and for being able to detach & clean the wipe
I honestly have to admit that this is by far the best looking & feeling jacket I ever owned and I can't wait for the really rainy days to come!
I am looking for a ski jacket and am looking at the goretex lofoten or the roldal. Any suggestions?
I was in the same situation as you. Stuck between lofoten and roldal. If it will be your only shell jacket, go for lofoten, because it is lighter weight and better suited for all round use. However, if you are only using it for resort skiing, get the one you think is prettier!
I went for roldal because I already have a lighter weight shell for touring and hiking and stuff, and roldal was roomier with more room for a down jacket underneath.
Is this more of a rain jacket? Or would it be warm enough for freezing temps while skiing?
It's a shell jacket with no insulation.
What color are the zippers of the Arednalin?
The zippers are orange on the Adrenaline color.