Warmth without the bulk.
Norrøna does it right with its Women's Lyngen PrimaLoft 60 Insulated Jacket. Packed with lightweight PrimaLoft Sport insulation, a water-resistant Aerodown material, and a flattering, athletic cut, the Lyngen delivers a warm, breathable, and compressible jacket that you'll use as a mid-layer or wear alone on mild winter days around town.
- Lightweight, durable Aerodown material offers water-repellent and windproof protection
- PrimaLoft Sport features a patented micro-structure that gives superb thermal insulation to help the body maintain its temperature and minimize energy loss
- PrimaLoft Sport also absorbs three times less water, is 14% warmer when dry, and 24% warmer when wet (compared to similar competitive insulation)
- Smooth outer lining allows this jacket to layer easily beneath your shell when nasty storms roll in
- Athletic, feminine fit provides plenty of unrestrictive movement while you tour, ski, or ice climb
- Jacket compresses easily into a packable pocket, which makes transport and carry wicked easy
- Two hand pockets and one chest pocket stash your lip balm, tissues, or cell
Share your thoughts
Norrona Lyngen PrimaLoft 60 Insulated
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Chelsea love's this jacket on it's own and especially layered under the Norr�na Lyngen Driflex3 Softshell Jacket. The combo has kept her toasty warm in the sub zero and windy, midwest weather. The medium offers a roomy but still athletic fit at 5'3" 125 lbs. The biggest benefit is the length fitting "just right" below the hip and the overall feeling of quality with the balance of warmth, breathability and wind protection .
I bought the Iceberg Blue for my wife and she is very happy w/ it. The color is great and it is longer than most jackets which she loves b/c she is 5'10. Great amount of fill for wearing alone on a chilly night or as a mid layer under a hard shell.
How would you compare this to the Arcteryx...
How would you compare this to the Arcteryx Atom LT?
The fabric in the Atom LT seems more durable to me and I like the fit of the Atom LT better for highly aerobic activities - e.g., ice and alpine climbing. The Atom LT also comes as a hoody, which the Norrona does not. I wear the Norrona a lot but have ended up using it more as a light belay jacket. I also wear it out in the city a lot - it's pretty sharp looking.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Warm and light. Cut is slim so go up one size for layering underneth.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have been looking for something warm to wear underneath my GORE-TEX jacket whilst skiing or similar. This is just the thing. I highly recommend this jacket. Great fit - a little longer at the back and fitted.