Built for big guys on big mountains.
When you've got bigger feet and love dropping big cliffs, ripping down sketchy steeps, and threading the needle through narrow couloirs, turn to the Nitro Magnum Wide Snowboard. Built for bigger guys who shred hard, this year's edition of the freeride monster features Cam-Out camber for a powerful ride with a forgiving feel. Cam-Out is similar to traditional camber, but features a flat section in the middle instead of a continuous curve, giving it all the pop of regular camber with a less grabby, more forgiving feel.
A directional shape gives you more control at high speeds and helps you keep your nose up in powder. The PowerLite core uses ultra-lightweight poplar for an unmatched strength-to-weight ratio, and Bi-Lite laminates ensure a consistent flex for smooth, predictable turns. The wide waist improves float for heavier riders and prevents toe drag for those with big boots. And it's all finished off with a durable Speed Formula HD sintered base to keep you flying across slow spots even when you forget to wax it for a couple days.
- Serious all-mountain shredder for riders with bigger feet
- Cam-Out camber maintains precise control and pop with forgiving feel
- Directional shape and medium-stiff flex offers versatility
- Poplar core is as lightweight as it is strong and snappy
- Biax fiberglass offers reliable, consistent flex for easy turns
- Sintered base keeps you cooking across slow spots
- Item #NTR007M
- Q & A
Rides like a regular with no drag
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The Magnum rides like a regular board, but is wide enough to reduce or elimate heal and toe drag for guys with size US 11 and up.
Its important to get a snowboard that is wide enough for your foot to allow you to carve with ease, but don't sacrifice performance for width... this board offers both.