Kind of like riding in a Dunk.
When Nike and Danny Kass got together to develop the Nike Zoom DK Snowboard Boot, they set out to create the freestyle shred boot of the future, using next-level technology like the Phylon midsole and Space Blanket insulation. But in the process, they looked to the past and drew on the legendary Dunk shoe for the Zoom DK's anatomical shape and traditional lacing. It's this nod to the past that gives this boot both a skate-like style and feel—good work, Danny.
- Traditional lacing takes the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach to getting your fit dialed for the ride
- Phylon midsole absorbs shock and underfoot chatter with half the bulk thanks to the reduced volume volume of the compressed EVA compound
- Zoom Air cushioning utilizes air to soften the blow to your heels from hard landings
- Strap just above instep provides an option in lacing style
- Anatomical shaping on shell matches the shaping of your natural stance for increased comfort
- Neoprene articulation at instep allows for unrestricted natural forward movement
- Heat-moldable liner achieves a customized fit as you wear the boot
- EVA footbed adds additional support
- Space Blanket insulation stores heat with a thin internal reflective layer
- High-rebound internal backstay offers full-length energy transmission
- Dual-density outsole with rubber spikes provides the grip to rip
Share your thoughts
Super comfy and perfect flex. They're more purple than the picture shows but I think they look even more rad!
Have these changed or been upgraded at all...
Have these changed or been upgraded at all from the 2012 version? Or are they exactly the same with some new colours?
Perfect in every way.
Over my numerous years riding I have ridden a lot of great boots and a lot of bad ones. The perfect boot for one person could be horrible for someone else which is why reviewing a boot seems a little silly. However, the Nike DK makes my feet feel so good, it would be a disservice to not talk about them. First of all they are super low profile. I hate bulky boots and there is no bulk to these guys. They are heat moldable which is a huge plus. The flex is what makes me the most happy. A true medium flex, not too soft and not too stiff. This is the perfect all around boot for any type of rider. Nike knows footwear and it shows when you slip into a pair of these.