- Detail Images
A minimalist, lightly cushioned trainer focused on off-road running.
In case the name didn't give it away, the New Balance Women's WT1010 Minimus Trail Running Shoe is a minimalist trainer for runners who want an ultralight, almost-barefoot trail shoe. Breathable mesh uppers and a flexible chassis mean that this shoe not only fits your foot like a glove, but it also allows for the most natural biomechanical movement of your foot and toes during foot strike. The drop from heel to forefoot is low, only 4mm, and this allows you to transition easily to a midfoot or forefoot striking style which may help to reduce impact on your joints and allow you to move more quickly off your toes.
Compared to a minimalist road shoe, the Trail offers additional cushioning and protection that make it a safer option for running in the wild. You get the traction of a Vibram outsole, the cushioning of lightweight Rev Lite midsole material, and the protection of a Rock Stop plate that shields you from harm caused by sharp rocks or debris. This shoe encourages you to reconnect with the ground and it frees your toes, foot, and joints to do what they do naturally.
- Synthetic and mesh upper is lightweight, well ventilated, and it comfortable against your foot
- Debris-Free Construction keeps the uppers snug around your foot so dirt and debris won't enter your shoe and cause chafing or discomfort
- RevLite foam provides a high level of springy rebound and cushioning underfoot at 30% less weight then competing foam compounds
- Low 4mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) means that there's just a 4mm difference between the measured height of your heel and the measured height of your forefoot; this low drop creates a natural foot position inside the shoe, encourages proper biomechanical flex, and allows you to more easily utilize a mid or forefoot striking style
- Rock Stop is a flexible layer between your foot and the shoe outsole that provides protection from rocks and impact
- Vibram outsole material grips off-road surfaces and pavement with equal purchase and this material is highly durable
Share your thoughts
Fits True to Size
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
I love the baja blue color and the look of this shoe. I ordered a 6 which is the same size as my other New Balance shoes, and the size fit well. I liked the feel of the shoe on my foot as well, but upon researching the style more, I came across consistent durability concerns. Since my trail runs are often on hard rocky surfaces, I returned the shoe before wearing it outside. If my trails were more dirt/mud, or if I was using them for just hiking instead of the pounding that running involves - I would've kept them and gave them a shot.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
After I literally wore a whole in my first NB minimus shoes-- this year I've been really disappointed with the quality of their shoes. This was the second pair I ordered as a replacement for the originals after immediately sending back the first (WT110-- super cheap). This pair was better but not by much. I can feel the seems under my big toes and parts of the shoe are starting to unravel after just a month. I'm really disappointed-- and wondering what changes they've made to go down hill.
Comfortable and Great!
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I bought these as a gift but Ive received some awesome feedback. First off, these fit true to size. I bought these so my girlfriend would have a nice pair or trail hiking/running shoes. They are very comfortable and have surpassed her expectations. She uses these shoes as an approach shoe, hiking shoe and running shoe. They perform very well and are plenty durable. The color of the pictures above are very accurate.
How is the sizing for these shoes? I...
How is the sizing for these shoes? I generally size up on my road shoes - do I need to do the same with these?
Many trail runners prefer to size up a half size from their typical street shoe to provide enough room for swelling. That being said you do want the heel cup and midfoot fitting snugly. If unsure on size, you can always order two sizes and send back the pair that didn't fit. Just chat or call in and our helpful Gearheads can get this set up for you to ensure you score the perfect fit.
This shoe is exactly what I needed. These are light weight and I have never been so comfortable running. I love them so much I actually want to get out more and run farther. Found these to be great in town and in the hills. Try these shoes!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought these back in late November, i have worn them on every single run since then and they are phenomenal!!
great support, comfort, and grips so well on steep hills and in the snow.
dont hesitate, buy!