- Detail Images
What's better than barefoot?
- Zero drop midsoles deliver the benefits of barefoot running with the protection of a lightweight trainer
- Acteva (full-length midsole foam) offers durable underfoot cushioning while you leap over trail debris
- Lightweight, breathable, and custom fit open mesh upper provides comfort on the pavement without adding extra weight or bulk
- Strobel Lasts with the upper stitched to full-length fabric give a comfortable underfoot feel
- Antimicrobial treatment on footbeds reduce odor
- Lugged Vibram outsoles ensure multi-directional grip on sketchy terrain and slick roads
- High-wear spots on the heel and forefoot are reinforced with Vibram rubber outsoles
- Designed to be worn with or without socks
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length with a medium width forefoot
Share your thoughts
Light and minimal with good protection
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
My wife got these to jog on gravel/dirt roads, and she really likes them. She used to use Merrell Trail Gloves, which she liked but thought they didn't have enough protection. She thinks these are similar, but with a little bit more cushion and protection. Not enough to make them a hardcore trail running shoe, but enough to get around smooth-ish trails without brusing your feet.
How light is too light?
Per my ultra marathon running wife: the soles of these shoes are great for the trail. it handles rocks and roots fine without beating up your foot. the upper is an extremely light and flimsy feeling material. no burability issues yet, but i'm concerned how it will hold up to trail running.
Im a 7.5-8, I got these in 7.5 and wear them without socks and they are a perfect fit. They are super light and now wearing my old Nikes feels like I'm wearing weights. If you haven't worn "barefoot" shoes before you will get sore calves, so start off with a short distance. I got a little bit of blistering on my first run, but now they are broken in and super comfortable.
light as a cloud
These are fantastic - light, comfortable, and supportive. They make me want to run more often. I bought them in the red, and also wear them around just for fun. Comfortable barefoot or with socks. I usually wear a 7.5 (8 with thick socks) and bought a 7.5.