- Detail Images
Light weight and sleek design for the experienced minimalist.
With its low-drop design and featherweight materials, New Balance's Women's WR10v2 Minimus Running Shoe facilitates what New Balance calls "Good Form Running," which features an upright posture and joint-friendly midfoot striking with a high cadence. New Balance found a way to shave nearly an ounce off the weight of last year's model, while at the same time enhancing durability and traction with a new Vibram outsole.
New Balance offers a variety of minimalist-oriented running shoes; the WR10v2 falls in the middle of the range, between the featherweight, zero-drop Minimus Zero shoe and the WR20 shoe. If you're an experienced minimalist-style runner, but looking for more cushioning than the Zero offers, you'll prefer the WR10; runners just making the transition and getting used to this new style might select the WR20.
- Mesh upper with barefoot-friendly lining fits close to the foot and breathes easily to keep your feet cool and dry
- Thin, no-sew overlays in the forefoot, midfoot and heel offer lightweight support
- Antimicrobial treatment keeps the shoe fresh run after run
- 4mm drop from heel to toe keeps your feet naturally low to the ground and at a third of the height of traditional trail runners
- NL-1 last features a wide forefoot to accommodate midfoot strikers and a shallow toe box for a snug, supportive fit
- RevLite midsole foam provides a high level of responsiveness and durability, but is 30% lighter than comparable materials
- Minimal Vibram outsole provides traction, protection from road hazards, and long-lasting construction
Share your thoughts
Just the right amount of cushioning
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
These shoes are light and well ventilated. I like the amount of cushioning, its a bit more than my last set of runners but still gives a pretty similar feel.
I found that they fit a little bit big so definitely don't go up a size if you're in-between sizes.
I've got the White/Coral ones and have had a lot of comments from people saying they like my shoes!