It's like HD 'vision' for your feet.
New Balance took insights and info from barefoot runners, and used that information to create the Women's MR1 Minimus Hi-Rez Running Shoe, which provides barefoot-like feedback about the ground under your feet, while still offering protection from road debris and very light cushioning. Thanks to the highly flexible sole, which is broken up into hexagonal pods, you can feel every nuance underfoot, unlike single-piece soles that can mask that sensory data. The Hi-Rez was designed as an everyday trainer for the experienced minimalist runner, or as an alternative shoe for runners who like to vary their running footwear, but its incredible feel, ridiculously light weight, and sock-like fit will have you reaching for it more often than not.
- Fantom Fit upper features mesh upper with a support structure that's fused on, not sewn, for the ultimate in lightweight support
- Designed to be worn with or without socks
- 0mm heel-to-toe drop mimics the natural shape of the foot and provides a more fitted feel
- NL-O last offers a standard heel width, reduced volume in the instep and toe box, and a wider forefoot that enables a natural 'barefoot' gait
- Injection-molded EVA midsole offers firm yet flexible cushioning
- Minimus Hi-Rez outsole features independent pods of cushioning that move naturally with the foot to deliver unparalleled flexibility and underfoot sensation