- Detail Images
Designed for the ultra crowd, but just as fit for anyone with a passion for long-distance trail running.
- Synthetic uppers keep this shoe lightweight and allow it to dry quickly on wet trails
- Mesh upper panels help your foot stay cool in hot weather
- Flexible overlays improve the support of the upper and lock your foot in place so there's no sliding or sloppiness to the fit
- Debris-free construction incorporates a lightweight inner material that shields the foot from dust, dirt, and debris that could cause blisters or discomfort
- Limited-Seam Internal Construction positions seams in a way that reduces the opportunity for chafing that could cause blisters
- Moderate 8mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) offers a balance between the feeling of a traditional shoe and the progressive design of a lower-drop style of shoe
- Moderate heel drop allows you to easily transition between heel, mid, or forefoot striking styles depending on your preference
- Medial post provides the arch support needed for long-distance and ultra-distance running
- Vibram outsole is highly durable, and it uses a bi-directional lug pattern to create immense traction for ascending and descending
Share your thoughts
I have a fairly wide foot and am a little stout. 5'8" 185. Have trouble finding shoes that fit and provide enough cushion for me. These shoes are awesome in both areas. Love them.
Best I've Ever Owned
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
I originally bought the Brooks Cascadia 8's-twice, the shoestring holders broke both times. I couldn't ever get them tight enough on my foot for worry of breaking them for a third time, so I returned them and bought the NB's, which my local running shoe dealer told me they are practically the same shoe. It's taken me two runs in these to really fit in to them, but now that I have, these shoes have given me back my ability to run long, and on consecutive days. Had a pair of Addidas Kanadia's, and they absolutely killed my feet, plus I over-pronate badly-both issues resolved. If you don't run long, order 1/2 size smaller.
they run big
go at least a half size down from your normal size maybe a full size. the heel is pretty cushy and allows for a little more slippage then some may prefer but a pretty lite shoe for a trail runner