Makes your marathon feel like a Sunday run.
From the lace to the last, the New Balance Men's MRC1600 Running Shoe is a competition flat for marathon distances. Dynamic cushioning eases the fatigue of repeated foot strikes on hard pavement, a moderate heel-to-toe drop enables clean foot roll, and the mesh upper keeps cool air flowing freely past your foot. You'll have a hard time finding fault with a shoe that weighs only 5.8 ounces yet packs the perfect balance of low weight, high energy return, and a smooth, consistent flex.
- Fantom Fit upper uses two pieces of thin material, fused together, to give the upper a skeletal structure that supports your foot
- Mesh allows cool air to flow freely through the upper and over your foot so your toes stay cool
- 8mm drop makes it easy to roll from heel-to-toe when your foot hits the ground during your stride
- RevLite foam weighs 30 percent less than standard foam cushioning materials but offers the same level of cushioning, rebound, and support
- Dynaride outsole uses a lightweight construction that's free of rubber but capable of providing massive traction
Share your thoughts
Great road shoe
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've put close to 400mi on this shoe including 1 marathon and a few other shorter races. It is extremely light and comfortable. I feel that the foam does hold up mile for mile and only really feel the lack of support when bombing down hills. I plan to buy another pair.