Smooth transitions and extra stability for overpronators.
Designed for overpronators and those who prefer time-tested comfort over the latest fad, the New Balance MR817 Running Shoe maximizes stability and delivers a smooth transition from heel-strike to toe-off.
- Synthetic mesh upper breathes well, provides lightweight comfort, and delivers lightweight support
- Seamless Phantom Liner reduces the shoe's overall weight while enhancing comfort and minimizing chafing
- Rollbar tech employs medial and lateral TPU posts for greater precision and feel; medial post located on inside edge of shoe to prevent overpronation
- OrthoLite foam strobel board delivers long-lasting comfort, breathability, and resistance to odors
- AbZorb cushioning in the midfoot adds cushioning and absorbs shocks from uneven trails
- Acteva midsole cushions your foot, is 12-percent lighter than standard EVA, and resists compression
- Ndurance rubber outsole is long lasting and durable
- Reflective accents help keep you visible in low-light situations
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This shoe is not for everyone. It feels bulky and is wide in size. Will probably be sending this pair back. Not for people with narrow feet.
Love the NB 817
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These are the best running shoes if comfort is your goal. I have run in Brooks and Asics and I keep coming back to the 817s. I visited a local running store and was fit for Brooks Adrenalines and Asics 2170. Both of these shoes gave me issues with my Achilles. When I started running again with the 817s the pain stopped. These are my goto running shoes. Glad I bought 4 pairs as these are now discontinued. New Balance suggests the 1140 and 1340 as replacements for the 817.