- Detail Images
Tougher but lighter than ever for the minimalist.
New Balance does barefoot one better with the revamped Men's MR10v2 Minimus Running Shoe. Designed to encourage "Good Form Running," which features an upright posture and joint-friendly midfoot striking with a high cadence, it balances a low 4mm-drop design and featherweight materials with underfoot protection. New Balance found a way to shave nearly an ounce off the weight of last year's model, while at the same time enhancing durability and traction with a new Vibram outsole.
New Balance offers a variety of minimalist-oriented running shoes;
the MR10v2 falls in the middle of the range, between the featherweight,
zero-drop Minimus Zero shoe and the MR20 shoe. If you're an experienced minimalist-style runner, but looking for more cushioning than the Zero offers, you'll prefer the MR10; runners just making the transition and getting used to this new style might select the MR20.
- Mesh upper with barefoot-friendly lining fits close to the foot and breathes easily to keep your feet cool and dry
- Thin, no-sew overlays in the forefoot, midfoot, and heel offer lightweight support
- Antimicrobial treatment keeps the shoe fresh run after run
- 4mm drop from heel to toe keeps your feet naturally low to the ground and at a third of the height of traditional trail runners
- NL-1 last features a wide forefoot to accommodate midfoot strikers and a shallow toe box for a snug, supportive fit
- RevLite midsole foam provides a high level of responsiveness and durability, but is 30% lighter than comparable materials
- Minimal Vibram outsole provides traction, protection from road hazards, and long-lasting construction
Share your thoughts
Great design as always
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
NB has the best design to my taste. I love NB minimalist shoes because of that as well. I have more than a dozen pair of several different kinds of NB minimalist shoes, different versions (v2, etc.) including MR00, MR10, MT00, MT10, M1010, etc. This particular pair has a wider middle area and tow area than the previous ones and other models, at least to me. Because of that I don't like them as much. I put it tighter with the shoelaces but the sole is somehow wider? Still didn't fit too well. Tried half size smaller then the toe is too tight. In terms of design, these are the best though. I bought two pairs of them but I won't buy them again.
New Balance Runner
This is the 5th NB Minimus shoe I have used, and I am continually impressed with it. The shoe is light and flexible, and it comes with the Vibram sole. The upper is durable. I have run 30+ miles in the shoes. They are great for short to mid range distances.