- Detail Images
The barefoot trainer with a limited edition look.
The New Balance Men's Limited Edition MT20 Minimus Trail Running shoe gives you the close-to-the-ground benefit of a barefoot shoe combined with the protection of a middle-distance trainer. Made with lightweight, well-ventilated mesh on top and a flexible Vibram sole underfoot, this shoe flexes and rolls with the natural movement of your foot. Unlike a traditional shoe, stacked high with cushioning, the Minimus is stacked much lower and designed to encourage a more midfoot and forefoot-style foot strike. Couple this with the brilliant, rainbow-style color scheme of this limited-edition run, and you've got a shoe that you'll barely want to take off when it's time to sleep.
- Barefoot construction means that this shoe keeps your foot close to the ground, feels light underfoot, and utilizes a construction that allows your foot to flex naturally
- Synthetic and mesh upper is lightweight, well ventilated, quick drying, and feels comfortable
- NL-1 Last gives this shoe a contoured shape that keeps the upper close to your foot for the most responsive feel and precise shoe control and the forefoot is wide to allow room for foot splaying during footstrike
- 4mm ball-to-heel drop (offset or heel-toe drop) aligns your heel at a position that's nearly level with the height of your toe
- This minimal heel-toe offset allows for a more naturally balanced position that helps to reduce impact on your joints during foot strike
- Vibram sole features a groove pattern that provides tons of traction on hard, flat surfaces
- Minimalist-style sole design also gives this sole plenty of flex so your foot can roll easily from midfoot to toe
- Vibram TC1 rubber is highly durable so it'll last for many seasons to come
Share your thoughts
OK shoe, nice colors
I'll admit I was motivated to get these through a combination of wanting to try more minimalist shoes and the color. The color doesn't disappoint and they are quite comfortable to run in after a bit of break in and getting my calfs used to them. You definitely feel the trail better than in traditional shoes and the vibram soles give enough protection to keep your feet from getting beat up. I agree with other reviewers that this model seems to run about a 1/2 large.
Take a half size off
For these shoes, I ended up returning an 11.5, as they were just a little too large. I was looking for a barefoot runner that I could wear without socks (who cares if they end up smelling awful, they are running shoes, just leave em on the porch). If you are like me, take a half size off to get the proper fit. I ended up going with a different New Balance shoe in the MR00 Minimus Running Shoe - Men's.
Decent shoe, not great.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
First off, the feel of these shoes feel great especially if you have a neutral arch and a naturally wider forefoot like me. I also enjoyed the fact that these shoes like other minimalist footwear are sock optional. However, unfortunately they are not very durable. The rubber Vibram bottom has a nasty habit of trying to separate from the shoe and that same rubber has sub-par gripping capabilities. Mine also have multiple holes in them yet I've only had them for about six or seven months (I don't use them everyday, just when I work out/run).