- Detail Images
- Community Images
Sit-on-top meets lightning-fast and laser-precise.
Take your sit-on-top kayaking to a whole new level with the Necky Kayaks Vector 14 Kayak. Extra hull length allows this beauty to track straight and fast across the water, while the carefully balanced hull contour provides rock-solid primary and secondary stability that allow you to tip and edge this boat just like a performance sea kayak. Most recreational sit-on-tops might feel slow and lumbering on open water, but this boat hauls you and your gear with efficiency so you can go just a little further every time.
- Polymer hull material is durable and light so you can maneuver the boat easily in and out of the water
- Rounded top shape helps the hull shed water to keep you dry in rougher water
- Necky touring seat's durable foam reduces pressure on your sciatic nerve, and the high back seat provides enough support for hours on the water
- Foot pedals support your feet inside the cockpit, and the pedals adjust on a sliding rail in order to fit different paddlers with varying leg lengths
- Quick Seal Hatches in the bow and stern use watertight gaskets to keep water out of the bulkhead
- Cross-lock buckle system ensures the hatches stay closed and are easy to open and close with one hand
- Bow and stern hatch have plenty of storage (92.5 liters in the bow,69.2 liters in the stern)
- Nylon tankwell cover has multiple adjustment points to hold your gear in place for a day tour or overnight trip
- Water bottle holder to maintain hydration for all-day paddling
- Sturdy deck grab handles allow you to customize your boat with thigh straps or fishing-pole holders
Share your thoughts
It tracks straight as an arrow.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This kayak was designed to push the performance envelope. While the secondary stability is high the initial stability allows paddlers to lean turn or sit it up on edge with ease. So stable was able to toss a few cast out and still feel very comfortable. Super comfortable seat and backrest. Lots of storage (two hatches + tankwell)the Tankwell is perfect for a 12 pack, and hatch easy to access on the water, handy net storage area in the cockpit insures no fishes will be driving off with your keys. The track Foot Brace System is easy to reach, and quick to adjust. The contoured rubber is comfortable and offers a great grip. The 4 medium scupper valves help prevent water from entering via the scupper holes and to drain water that comes over the side while paddling. Easy to load and unload with the handles. Overall awesome Kayak and great purchase.
This is where you should be!
Black Canyon Nevada, have this photo as my desk back round reminding me where I should be!