The Vector won't won't put you to sleep at the paddle.
- Easily adjustable foot pedals for comfort on longer tours
- Quick Seal Hatch in the bow uses a watertight gasket to keep water out of the bulkhead
- Cross-lock buckle system ensures the hatch stays closed and is easy to open and close with one hand
- Polymer hull material is durable and light so you can maneuver the boat easily in and out of the water
- Necky touring seat is made of durable foam is designed to reduce pressure on your sciatic nerve and not retain water, the high back support is comfortable for hours on the water
- Optional Necky Rudder with foot pedals assists in tracking and keeping the boat steady and safe in inclement weather
- Rounder top shape sheds water to keep you dry in rougher water
- Nylon tank cover has multiple adjustment points to hold your gear in place for a day tour or overnight trip
- Sturdy deck grab handles allow you to customize your boat with thigh straps or fishing-pole holders
- Water bottle holder to maintain hydration for all-day paddling
Share your thoughts
Does anyone know how it handles on the...
Does anyone know how it handles on the ocean
Joe, this kayak will be fine on the ocean (I have this same kayak). That said, if you only paddle on the ocean in open water, I suggest a longer kayak. If ocean bays, this is a good choice. I have paddled mine in big waves/whitecaps on lakes and it handled it fine..although a wet ride with waves splashing over the bow. It really works well on rivers too as it turns quickly to keep you out of trouble avoiding rocks, snags, etc. Build quality is really good. Note: I don't believe this kayak needs a rudder..tracking is really good in wind and current..save your money. Btw, I'm 6-2/215 and this kayak is faster than my previous owned OK Prowler 13 & 15, Tarpon 160 (16'), and Perception Search 15.
The SOT, I am very pleased!
I liked the idea of a sit on top, but the ones I tried paddled like a tugboat. This SOT will really impress you. It performs as described. I am very satisfied.
I paddle with a paddling group and it tracks and paddles as well as my sit in kayak which is also a top rated Kayak.