- Detail Images
Paddling for one, two, or three.
Grab a friend and your pet, or take the whole family out for a day on the water in the Necky Kayaks Manitou II Tandem Kayak. Two adults comfortably fit in the fore and aft seating, while a small child or pet can use the midship jumper seat. Necky borrowed this boat's streamlined shape from the design of its touring kayaks, and this allows you to cover long stretches of open water quickly, efficiently, and with ultimate comfort.
- Streamlined hull shape mirrors that of touring kayaks for straight, steady paddling over open water
- Dual cockpit design can be configured for two adult paddlers, two adult paddlers and a small middle passenger, or a single adult paddler (in the aft seat)
- Middle jump seat is perfect for a child and keeps the child within easy reach of the aft paddler
- ACS seating system features an easy-to-use and easy-to-see adjustability system for maximum comfort
- Adjust backrest height, thigh support, lumber support, and backrest angle to achieve the perfect fit
- Seat material feels soft, drains water quickly, and uses a channeled texture that improves airflow between the seat and your butt and back
- Cockpit Support Track foot-brace system uses padded pedals (great for bare feet), and the pedals can be adjusted along a track to accommodate a wide range of leg lengths
- Quick Seal hatch cover has a unique gasket that forms a tight seal so your stern storage area stays dry
- Cross Lock Buckle system uses a single quick-release buckle to tension four straps that keep the hatch cover securely in place
- Bungee-cord paddle keepers give you secure storage for your paddle so you can go hands-free when you need to
- Bow and stern carry handles make it easy to unload this boat from a vehicle and load it into the water
Share your thoughts
Decent multi use kayak
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Purchased boat for a spare and guest boat use, also to take out inexperienced paddlers on day trips. Very adaptable for any size of paddler, easily paddled as a single. This is a rec kayak, not suitable for rough waters. Great for relaxing day paddle on flat water. Tracks very well. With short paddles (under 215cm) synchronized paddling not essential like in most tandems as paddlers can space out as they do not interfere with each others stroke. Outfitting is good quality, seats are comfortable, if you are used to back band seating these seat backs do interfere with full rotation paddling. Outfitting is definitely intended for recreational use.
The boat lacks front flotation or bulkhead, so pumping out after wet/re-entry is a problem, the boat can be swamped pretty full. For a rec tandem it does have a decent glide and is fairly quick for a boat this wide. It does give a very dry ride in choppy water. If you have ever paddled a single manatou it handles in a similar fashon. Non experienced paddlers may need a rudder to aid in turning, tracking is very straight. For a rec tandem boat is fairly light and easy to transport and portage when compared with a sit on top kayak.
I typically do not recommend a tandem for a starter kayak, (that is why they call them divorce boats), but this boat may be an exemption. Very capable flat water rec boat.
What type of material is this made out of?...
What type of material is this made out of? Plastice/hard shell fiber?
The hull is made of polyethylene molded plastic.