- Detail Images
Press coffee or tea inside the pot of your MSR Reactor Stove.
Use the MSR Reactor Coffee Press Kit to make fresh-pressed coffee or tea in your MSR Reactor 1L or 1.7L stove. Just fire up your Reactor stove, pour in water, scoop in coffee grinds, slide the MSR Coffee Press Kit inside the Reactor pot, and press. You get delicious, grind-free coffee even if you're far from home and away from your favorite coffee maker or barista.
- Stainless steel strainer disc careful filters your coffee so grinds won't escape into your cup
- Stainless steel strainer is easy to clean between rounds of coffee
- Kit is collapsible so it's easy to pack when pack space is limited
- Kit includes strainer disc, press rod, and pot-cover interface sleeve
- Reactor Coffee Press Kit is only compatible with MSR Reactor Stove Systems
Share your thoughts
Seems great but can't use
I made the mistake of buying this without realizing that you need the whole kit. It only comes with the top, which makes it pretty useless until you have the right pot to put the coffee in. It seems well made with the rubber to keep the grounds out though. If you have the right setup I am sure this is a bomber coffee press.
Perfect if you like french press coffee
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is exactly what it is supposed to be, a french press add in for the MSR reactor stove. It's a tight fit, which ensures that you get as few coffee grounds as possible in your coffee.
Good product good price, and it saves you from having to carry an extra coffee maker.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have the older pot (without spout) so after drilling a few holes in the lid to poor through, it works very well. In fact I like the press filter better than my home Bowdum. I really like this set-up. This is our hike, float, travel coffee!
Not a solid build...
I tried the 1.7L version in the kitchen and I don't like the construction at all. Its hard to operate due to the tight fit, and the shaft doesn't have a solid raceway to run in. This causes the whole mess to torque to the side. I think some day I'll get a 1.0L pot and try the french press with that setup.
Does anyone know the weight of this?...
Does anyone know the weight of this? Thanks
The press for the 1.0L pot is 1.9oz (53g) and the 1.7L is 2.3oz (64g)