Select your style & size:Select options
If you prefer to pack light and travel alone in the backcountry, the MSR Quick Solo System is your cook kit. The 1.3L aluminum pot includes a strainer lid, talon pot handle, and an insulated mug that keeps your morning brew warm for the first few miles of trail. The entire set weighs in at just 11.3 ounces and only occupies a small corner of pack space.
- 1.3L hard-anodized aluminum pot is ideal for solo backpacking excursions
- Entire set weighs just over 11 ounces and only occupies 135 inches of pack space
- Included lid has a built-in strainer that's perfect for tea, soups, and pasta dishes
- Insulated BPA-free steel mug fits inside of the pot for compact storage
- Talon pot handle allows you to securely lift the pot and is compatible with a range of MSR pots and pans
- Item #CAS0807
- Q & A
Good for two people
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Boils enough water for two people to cook food. I like that the handle locks in place; I don't have to worry about the handle folding when I pour water out.
MSR Quick Solo System
Will the MSR Pocket Rocket (sans canister of course) fit into the mug?
The mug's dimensions are 3.5x4x3.25 inches and the PR's are 4 x 2 x 2 in, so I am going to err on the side of no.
However, the MSR Micro Rocket's dimensions are 3 x 2 x 2 inches, so that would probably fit in there, albeit a bit snugly (sans the carrying case that it comes nestled in when you purchase it).
Hope this helped.