- Detail Images
Cook like a three-star chef and eat like a king.
You and friend can eat like kings when you pack the MSR Quick 2 Cooking System along on a backpacking trip. A combination of uncoated and nonstick hard-anondized aluminum pots allows you to pick the right tool for your particular cooking style, and the included bowls, plates, and mugs give you the tools to enjoy your feast. Nest all the small components inside the 2.5L pot, throw the lid on, and the whole deal fits nice-and-neat inside your pack.
- Hard-anondized pot is highly durable, lightweight, and big enough to store the entire eating system nested inside
- Hard-anondized non-stick pot combines the benefits of lightweight material with the cooking advantage of a non-stick coating
- Pot lid has a built in strainer to make cooking pasta or veggies even easier
- DeepDish plates keep big meals or soup contained, and the polypropylene material is easy to clean
- Talon pot handle makes it safer and easier to grab the pot while cooking
- Insulated mugs keep hot beverages hot, and include lids have built in sipping spouts
- System includes a single 2.5-liter pot with strainer lid, a single 1.5-liter nonstick pot, two polypropylene plates, one pot handle, and two insulated mugs with lids
Share your thoughts
Not for camp fires.
The "don't use over open fire or coals" warning should be much bigger and much more prominent.
Perfect Cook-set for Two
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Quick 2 is exactly what you want for a two person cook set. With enough room to fit a couple fold-up sporks, a lighter and even my MSR Pocket Rocket, this set is a perfect little self contained kitchen that doesn't rattle around much in your pack.
MSR Quick 2 Cooking System
I like this, but I hardly ever use the plates. Most of my backpacking is ultralight, so I mostly have dehydrated meals. For me that means less weight, and no cleaning dishes. Still, everything in this set fits so nicely together. I have used the mugs, and they are quite nice. since they are insulated, your morning hot chocolate will not turn into cool chocolate by the time your oatmeal or breakfast burrito is finished. Nice kit.
Will a WhisperLite fit inside this along...
Will a WhisperLite fit inside this along with the two mugs? Or perhaps inside one of the mugs?
No, a whisperlite will not fit inside this with the mugs. Without the mugs, you could probably fit it in there, even with the plates, but not the mugs. They are fairly small mugs, and they occupy most of the space inside the smaller pot.
Can't wait to try these out!
I just received these last week. Originally, I had purchased a set of the Snow Peak Titanium pots thinking they would be great. The minute I unwrapped the Snow Peak pots, I knew I was sending them back. As soon as the new MSR pots arrived-I was excited to use them. The look well built and sturdy. As a person that has some long backpacking treks planned, I feel confident these will suit my needs. I'll be using them next week and I may hit you up with an actual review of how well they work.