Select your style & size:Select options
From the backcountry to the campground, the Flex 3 does chow right.
You cook for groups and regularly put your mess kit through the wringer; it's not unusual for a road warrior or car camper. Consider the MSR Flex 3 Cooking system next time you hit the road or the wild. Inside this system you'll find high-volume pots, both uncoated and nonstick cooking surfaces, mugs and plates for three, and cookware designed to nest together to save space. This is the ultimate comprehensive cooking system for group backpacking, car camping, bike touring, or kayak touring.
- Hard-anondized pot is highly durable, lightweight, and big enough to store the entire eating system nested inside
- Hard-anondized non-stick pot combines the benefits of lightweight material with the cooking advantage of a non-stick coating
- Pot lid has a built in strainer to make cooking pasta or veggies even easier
- DeepDish plates keep big meals or soup contained, and the polypropylene material is easy to clean
- Talon pot handle makes it safer and easier to grab the pot while cooking
- Insulated mugs keep hot beverages hot, and include lids have built in sipping spouts
- System includes one 3.3-liter pot with strainer lid, one 2.3-liter nonstick pot, three polypropylene plates, one pot handle, and three insulated mugs with lids
- Item #CAS0811
- Q & A
Great for Families
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Used with our family of three on a recent car-camping adventure. Everything is great and totally serves its purpose. Used a MSR Pocket Rocket to cook and the large pot fit fine. It was a balancing act when full of water - but once it was placed just right everything worked perfectly. Easy to clean, easy to store, not terribly heavy - what more can you want. It's a bit large for major backpacking but for our use it was perfect!
MSR Product Stats from website
MSR kindly informs us that this product is manufactured in Thailand.
Great size for a variety of groups
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I picked up this cookset to get a bit more flexibility in terms of group size and I've been really happy with it. When I head out backpacking, it tends to be 50/50 just my wife and myself or a group of 4+. I was looking for something that would give us a large enough pot for 4 people, but without the weight and bulk penalty of a larger 4-person system. Having a 3L pot gives us the flexibility to cook for a larger group, and we can just take the 2L pot when it's just two of us. If you pare down the set to the 2L pot, two bowls, and two mugs it's really comparable in weight to the MSR 2-person systems, so you don't necessarily have a bulkier/ heavier set for two people here. Taking the full kit is also a great weight and size for everything you get.
In terms of the quality and functionality, I've been happy. The pot grabber works well and the nonstick coating on the 2L pot is truly nonstick and I haven't had any issues with scratching, etc. The pans can get some hot spots when using a backpacking stove, but that's the price you pay for lightweight cookware - keep stirring your food every couple minutes and you'll be just fine. The mugs and bowls are kind of weird shapes from what I'm used to, but they're very functional and nest into the pots very nicely.
If you're looking for a cook set that will let you cook for a larger group or pare it down for a 2-person trip, this is a great choice.
Compact and Stylish Camping Cookware
First of all I have to admit that the colors and design of this cookware had me sold. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised that it was very nicely put together and made of very high quality material. It all fits perfectly together and cleans up very nicely. The pans heat up very well for even cooking and I can make plenty of food for 4 - 8 people with both pans.