A basic cooking and eating system for backpackers who keep their kitchen kit lightweight and simple.
Mugs, plates, and a pot for cooking―the MSR Alpinist 2 System has all the basics for melting snow or whipping up a quick meal on the trail. Aluminum and polypropylene materials keep all the components light, and the nesting storage design gives this system a small footprint inside your pack. Eat like a king whether you're a solo backpacker with a big appetite or a pair of backpackers keeping things simple.
- Hard-anondized pot is highly durable, lightweight, and big enough to store the entire eating system nested inside
- Pot lid has a built in strainer to make cooking pasta or veggies even easier
- DeepDish plates keep big meals or soup contained, and the polypropylene material is easy to clean
- Talon pot handle makes it safer and easier to grab the pot while cooking
- Insulated mugs keep hot beverages hot, and include lids have built in sipping spouts
- System includes one 2.4L pot with strainer lid, two polypropylene plates, one pot handle, and two insulated mugs with lids
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Lightweight and perfect for the 2 person backpacking trip. I plan on using it many more times. Cups double as measuring cups which is really handy.