After the success of its Alpine Kitchen Knife, MSR created the even larger Alpine Chef's Knife. The sharp, stainless blade excels at chopping, slicing, and dicing even the largest veggies. A modified Santoku design gives this knife a shape that's well balanced and easy on the hand, even if you're prepping food for the world's largest group.
- Stainless steel blade is easy to sharpen and stays sharp despite extensive use
- Santoku-style blade makes for fast, easy handling when you're chopping, slicing, and dicing
- Synthetic handle is highly durable, lightweight, and easy to clean
- Vented sheath protects the blade when this knife is packed away in your bag
Share your thoughts
Good but be aware
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This knife is lite, cuts well, looks good BUT it very very easily rusts. Just be careful about that, mostly if you end up kayaking, salty water no bueno!
How long is the blade? how much does it...
How long is the blade? how much does it weigh?
The overall length is 11.5", the blade itself is 6.5", and the weight is 3.5oz.