Instead of having junior load up the old, oversized external-frame pack you found while cleaning out the garage, set him up with the full-featured Mountainsmith Pursuit Youth Backpack so he'll actually enjoy the few days he spends in the woods. The padded suspension and shoulder straps adjust for a perfect fit, and the hydration sleeve makes it easy for him to quench his thirst without having to stop and fall behind the group.
- Mesh back panel provides support and ventilation for comfortably packing up to 50 pounds of gear
- Torso length adjusts between 13 and 17 inches for a perfect fit
- Dual-density foam shoulder straps are fully adjustable for a perfect fit and comfortable carry
- Top-loading design allows for organized packing
- SlingShot detachable top lid converts to a lumbar pack or shoulder sling for day hikes out of camp
- Hydration sleeve with single hose port allows for easy on-the-go thirst quenching (reservoir not included)
- Front panel pocket is ideal for a rain jacket or extra layers
- Sleeping bag compartment provides access to sleep gear without having to unload the entire pack
- Side mesh water bottle pockets help your young hiker stay hydrated
- Ice axe and trekking pole loops provide secure external attachment points
- Quick-release compression straps help to balance the load
- Safety whistle on the sternum strap comes in handy if junior gets lost or injured
Share your thoughts
I'd like to know what the size of the...
I'd like to know what the size of the sleeping bag compartment is as well.....if someone could help with this , it would be much appreciated! My kids' bags are on the bigger side as they will sleep in them for 2 weeks at camp, and only hike with them for 1 night, but I would like to know for sure that they will fit the pack. Thanks!
What size is the sleeping bag compartmen...
What size is the sleeping bag compartment?
Mountainsmith Youth Pursuit Backpack
The Youth Pursuit is a full featured internal frame pack that provides adolescents and smaller frame users the opportunity to hit the trail in style. Loaded with the same technical features and styling as our larger Apex 80 multi-day backpack, but in a 45 liter frame package. Adjustable suspension and a variety of packing and access options make this a great pack and outstanding value for the growing outdoors-person in your family.