- Community Images
With its intuitive set-up, dual doors, and dual vestibules with even more space for the 2013 season, the Mountainsmith Morrison II 2-Person 3-Season Tent offers comfortable sleeping space for your nights in the great outdoors. Two doors allow you to enter and exit without disturbing your tent mate, and the No-See-Um mesh wall panels keep hungry alpine mosquitoes away while allowing you to enjoy rarely seen constellations and shooting stars on clear, warm nights.
- Breathable polyester tent material is durable, lightweight, and reduces condensation build-up
- PU-coated bathtub-style floor with taped seams keeps you protected from wet and muddy ground
- PU-coated polyester fly material provides reliable three-season weather protection
- Two aluminum poles are lightweight and durable, and make set-up a simple operation
- Dual doors and vestibules allow you to enter and exit without disturbing your tent mate
- 35 square feet of floor area comfortably sleeps two adults
- Trail weight of just under five pounds makes the tent easy to pack and carry between two hikers
- No-See-Um mesh wall panels keep bugs out and allow for stargazing on clear nights
- Fly ventilation windows help reduce condensation build-up in stormy weather
- Clip-pole attachment points make set-up quick and easy and help reduce weight
- Ceiling loft pocket and mesh storage pockets keep gear organized and close at hand
- Reflective guy lines with tension lock cord adjustment increase stability and performance in stormy weather
- Aluminum V-stakes easily penetrate hard ground and hold well
- Set-up instructions are printed on the included nylon storage sack
- Named Backpacker Gear Guide's 2011/12 killer deal
Share your thoughts
Where is the Morrison II made?
Where is the Morrison II made?
It is made in China
Shores of Lake Superior in the UP
This was taken right outside of Munising, MI on the beach. This is a great tent, especially for the money. It isn't the lightest tent on the market, but the features are worth the extra weight. Spacious inside, with double vestibules and handy gear loft; all the features make it a favorite for me. Fits my girlfriend, myself, and all of our gear nicely.
Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Set Up Guide
Mountainsmith's Jay Getzel and Jared Pangretic take you through the proper set up for the Morrison 2 person backpacking tent.
With the tent can there be gaps between...
With the tent can there be gaps between the tent base and the ground, if so how much the gap?
Are you asking because you want to make sure the poles are long enough or to find out if there is enough extra material in the base that it doesn't get pulled too tight to rip? Does the gap span the entire base of the tent or just small sections?
I you are referring to the rain fly, yes there is a gap of about 2-3" from the ground to the bottom of the fly. That can be changed depending on how you stake out the fly though, you could get it to be almost flush with a bit of trying.
Great for backpacking
The Morrison was great for a few specific reasons: loved the double vestibules, held up in a good storm (wind, rain), reasonably light but lots of room, and easy to set up. It is also a great price which is always nice especially when the product performs so well.
Morrison set up
How to set up the Morrison 2