- Detail Images
Well made and well priced.
If you're looking to access the backcountry without breaking the bank, turn to the Mountainsmith Morrison 3 Tent w/Footprint for a a feature-rich shelter you can count on in spring, summer, or fall. The dual door and vestibule design allows you to enter and exit without disturbing your slumbering friends while the durable yet lightweight fabrics keep you protected from torrential showers. Plus, the bug-proof mesh panels allow for stargazing on clear nights.
- Breathable polyester canopy with no-see-um mesh wall panels keeps bugs out and allows for stargazing on clear, warm nights when you don't need the fly
- Bathtub floor construction with a polyurethane coating and taped seams keeps you dry when the ground gets wet and muddy
- Polyurethane-coated fly blocks winds and shrugs off thunder showers
- 7000-series aluminum poles provide high strength and low weight
- Dual doors and vestibules allow you to enter and exit the tent without disturbing tent mates
- 54 square feet of floor space comfortably sleeps three adults
- Tent packs into a 21.5 X 8.l5-inch stuff sack and weighs in at just under six pounds
- Ventilation windows in the fly promote airflow and limit condensation
- Clip-pole attachment makes for quick set-up and improves breathability
- Interior mesh pockets and a removable ceiling loft pocket provide storage space for gear
- Guyout points enhance stability in stormy weather
- Included footprint lengthens the lifespan of the tent and helps keep wet conditions out
- Set-up instruction are conveniently printed on the stuff sack
Share your thoughts
Great Tent - Impressed.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Picked up this tent towards the end of the summer primarily for a trip down to Moab, this was replacing a hand-me-down tent that i'd been given years before. On receiving it (promptly as always), I set it up in the back garden to give myself an idea as to how quickly/easily it would be to setup/tear-down. Straight off the bat, the color coded clips and poles made it incredibly simple, poles were light weight and slotted into place as quickly as you'd expect. I got the tent up and down in less than 20 minutes, not particularly trying for a time record either.
Down in Moab it was a similar story, incredibly easy to put up - we were happy. Inside the tent there is plenty of room, as a two-some we didn't necessarily have a need for the 3-Person aspect of this tent but it did afford us more room for our stuff, something we didn't have with the previous tent.
The tent has a number of good little features, the double entry was handy, we used one as an entrance/exit and the other to access goods stored under the fly sheet to the rear; gear storage pockets are in the corners and in the detachable gear loft. Ventilation is provided by zips in the entrance/exit and also in vents in the exterior, which can be propped open easily.
The tent comes with an included ground sheet which is nice for insulating/being careful of dirt etc, and also 10 stakes, which are the light weight aluminium ones.
Overall we're very impressed with this tent, it might not be the best for packing lightly/tightly but for camping trips like we do (camp and store bikes nearby) - it's perfect. I'm very impressed and happy that i bought this!
Roomy for 2
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I recently used this tent with my 5 year old for a quick overnight. Loved having the space in the dual vestibules for wet gear/eating in the rain. It was really roomy which I also liked, would have easily fit 3 adults shoulder to shoulder. It rained for almost 10hrs on us and while that sucked, we stayed 100% dry. Easy to set up and take down, all in all loved it!