A feature-rich pack you can afford to lasso.
As essential to backcountry enthusiasts as a horse is to a cowboy, the Mountainsmith Lariat 65 Backpack is the efficient way to travel over rough terrain while packing heavy loads. The ergonomic waistbelt and suspension systems are all geared towards effectively transferring the load onto your hips for maximum comfort while the Anvil Airway System wicks away moisture and provides ventilation. Even better, the detachable day pack allows you to bag peaks and explore high-alpine terrain after setting up base camp.
- Y-Frame dual aluminum stay suspension provides support for heavy multi-day loads up to 75 pounds
- Y-Frame suspension adjusts from 17 to 22 inches for a custom fit
- Anvil Airway Perspiration Control System features twin elevated foam pads with an open spinal column for ventilation and moisture control
- Lumbar Control Point utilizes a pronounced padded area to lock the pack onto the lumbar region of the spine for improved load transfer and a better fit
- ICS (illiac crest shelf) Cup hipbelt has an exaggerated curve that works with the Delta Wing Compression straps to allow you to pull the pack load onto and over your hips for improved load transfer and a more comfortable carry
- Dual density shoulder straps won't dig in
- Top access makes for organized packing while a large U-shaped zipper provides easy access to the main compartment
- Detachable 6.5-liter summit pack is ideal for day hikes and peak bagging
- Hydration-compatible sleeve in the detachable summit pack allows for thirst quenching on the go
- Side panel accessory pockets provide quick access to gear
- Side mesh water bottle pockets help you stay hydrated
- Side and bottom compression straps help to balance the load
- Ice axe and trekking pole loops provide secure external attachment points
Share your thoughts
Does this pack have a separate sleeping ...
Does this pack have a separate sleeping bag compartment? Also, does the 65L storage include the daypack, or is that the main pack size? Thanks!
Not sure it answers your specific questions, but there are some additional details here:
Based on those images, I'm betting against a separate sleeping bag compartment, and I assume that the daypack is included in the total volume of the pack.
Mountainsmith Lariat 65 Backpack
The Lariat 65 is a true workhorse in the All-Terrain line, sized for week-long backpacking trips with a detachable daypack for shorter excursions and summit pushes. Our unique U-shaped zippered access to main compartment enables fast packing and easy organization. This feature is also at the heart of the Lariat 65's ability to go from trail to adventure travel. Whether backpacking the Colorado Trail or some remote land, this versatile pack is at home from trail to hostel without compromising performance. The innovative ICS Cup? (Illiac Crest Shelf) hipbelt transfers and locks the pack load onto the hips, the Delta Wing Compression system pull the load into the lumbar region and focuses on the Lumbar Control Point? pad on the lower backpanel to fully secure the pack load against the user's major weight bearing point, the lumbar/sacrum region. All this while the Anvil Airway? backpanel keeps you cool on the longest trail day.