Select your style & size:Select options
Like your other Bike Cube, but more deluxe.
The Mountainsmith Bike Cube Deluxe Storage Bag won't exactly make you a better biker, but it will set your mind at ease as you pack for a big ride in the mountains, keeping track of your tools, helmet, tubes, and clothes. So, actually, maybe it will make you a better biker. Besides the grip of gear-specific storage inside, this bag includes a removable changing mat for you to stand on when the pavement is too hot to go barefoot while you swap shoes. Unlike your seemingly bottomless one-compartment duffel, the Bike Cube uses a tri-panel design that keeps things organized so you can find what you need when you need it without rummaging around all day. A haul handle and carrying strap make it easy to move your gear between vehicles.
- 150D and 210 D ripstop fabric
- Tri-panel load access
- Interior shoe and clothes divider
- Coated mesh for ventilation
- Fleece-lined eyewear pocket
- Roll-up bike tool organizer
- Removable, padded changing mat
- Padded tote style haul handle
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Fits into all Modular Hauler Systems
- Item #MOU000F
- Q & A
Awesome Car-Kitchen Bag!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
OK, so it's a bike bag, but......
My family and I cross deserts, mountains, jungles, and the occasional scary supermarket car-park in our expedition 4x4. The trusty Mountainsmith Cube always goes in the trunk for our travels. It is is the perfect size for carrying:
- An MSR Flex 4 cooking System
- A normal 14-inch fry pan with two "D" handles, one on either side, so it fits a lot of food but packs in the Cube easily
- Some GSI Stainless Stemless Wine Glasses
- An MSR Whisperlite, Dragonfly or equivalent stove plus fuel bottles, or if you travel really rough keep these separate in case the fuel leaks
- The tool roll is the perfect size to stash knives, forks and spoons, sharp knives with blade covers, spatulas, tongs and other kitchen implements, the same ones we use at home
- A normal cutting board and flat style cheese-grater
- A roll of aluminum foil for cooking potatoes on the fire
- A roll of kitchen paper towel for wiping up
- Spices and condiments in a bag
- Coffee, tea and sugar (brew gear) in a Tupperware-type box
- Porridge oats for breakfast in a Tupperware-type box
- Sultanas, dried cranberries, etc for adding to porridge
- A can of olive oil spray for cooking
- A box of matches, plus a second box of matches, because you always misplace the first one; plus
- Room to spare...
Washing up gear is stored in the SUV separately. Lunch and dinner food is stored in the SUV separately. But for breakfasts, a hot cuppa, and getting any meal started, everything we need is in one Mountainsmith Cube.
Seriously, this Cube maaaaaaay be good for bike peeps with their waxed legs and self-righteous attitudes, but it is AWESOME for organizing your car camping!!!!
The standard Cube works almost as well, you just need to find a tool roll or equivalent for your knives, forks, spoons and longer items like spatulas.
Disclaimer: No bike riders were harmed in making of this review
Mountainsmith Bike & Boot Cube
The Bike Cube offers excellent organization and keeps all the essentials for your next road, cross or mountain bike ride at the ready. Specific spots for helmet, shoes, eye wear, etc. ensure that you never again show up at the trailhead with just one shoe. Works well as a stand alone piece or in conjunction with our Modular Hauler Systems.
Bike Cube Deluxe
A deluxe version of our standard Bike Cube comes with additional shoulder strap, changing pad, and roll-up tool organizer to complete the package.