- Detail Images
The apex of backcountry adventure.
You are in for the adventure of a lifetime with your packed and ready Mountainsmith Apex 100 Backpack. With room for all your gear, clothing, hydration, and goodies for an epic time on the trail, this 75-pound-capacity pack will carry the load with efficient grace and comfort. The Y-Frame suspension system that allows roomy shoulder width, an adjustable torso, and the form-fitting Iliac Crest Shelf hip-belt distribute and support with plentiful padding where it's needed most. The Anvil Airway airflow channel keeps your back cool and dry on those hard-charging days. On the fun day hikes from basecamp, use the top lid as a lumbar pack for fast-and-light explorations.
- Parallel Y-Frame suspension allows ample width at shoulders with an adjustable torso for the perfect supportive fit
- Dual-density foam adjustable shoulders straps provide shoulder-saving padding for comfort on marathon hikes
- Adjustable Delta Wing Compression Iliac Crest Shelf (ICS) Cup waistbelt fits securely around the hip bones for enduring comfort on this weight-bearing area
- Anvil Airway perspiration control system delivers cool, dry comfort on the back via a wide air channel that relives this high-sweat area
- Load-distributing lumbar control point pad eases and comforts this highest-stress area
- Adjustable torso ranges from 17-22 inches
- Twin T6 one-inch 6061 concave aluminum stays provide lightweight yet super-strong support that transfers weight to the hips
- The Apex 100 has the capacity to hold all of your wants and needs on the most epic of trips, up to 75 pounds of clothing, gear, and goodies
- Separate sleeping bag compartment with internal divider makes organizing a cinch and making your bed a breeze
- Large front-panel pocket fits Ten Essentials with zippered access to main compartment for quick and easy grabs without the hassle of unpacking from the top
- SlingShot detachable top lid converts to a lumbar pack or shoulder sling for fast-and-light day hikes from basecamp
- Strong and enduring 210D Duramax ripstop, 420D Duramax, and 210D ripstop nylon construction protects your load and withstands rugged wear and tear
- Two side mesh water bottle, zippered front panel, and multiple zippered side-panel accessory pockets secure essentials right where you want them
Share your thoughts
how many pockets ?
how many pockets ?
This pack has 2 zippered side pockets, and 2 mesh water bottle/other pockets below the side pockets. There are also 2 mesh/elastic gadget pockets on the hip belt.
If I use the word "pockets" twice more in this post, I will have typed the word exactly as many times as the pack itself has pockets. Ha!
Is Mountainsmith making more of this model...
Is Mountainsmith making more of this model any time soon?
Unfortunately we're out of stock on the 2013 model with none of order. I'd hang tight and check back in frequently as we should be getting a 2014 version of this or the model that Mountainsmith will be replacing it with.
800.409.4502 ext 4055
Truck load of gear!
the Apex 100 is the larger version of award winning Apex 80. It is maybe of bomber 100% nylon, has incredibly comfortable shoulder straps , back panel and waistbelt. As a bonus the belt can actually be adjusted a few inches to help with getting a great fit. Lots of pockets really helped me organize my gear as well. Great pack for carrying everything including the kitchen sink! And for the size it is really light!
Fitting a Mountainsmith pakc
Runs through fit guide for Mountainsmith's larger packs.