- Detail Images
Tells the wind and cold to take a hike.
Many jackets don't understand that you need warmth in some places, windblocking in some other places, and extra mobility in yet other places. The Mountain Hardwear Zonal Insulated Jacket understands. Its MicroClimate Zoning construction blocks frigid winds, warms your core, and provides plenty of mobility while you snow shoe, ice climb, or build a snow cave.
- MicroClimate zoning construction offers a mix of wind protection, warmth, breathability, and stretch so you're always ready to go
- The Zonal works well both on its own and under your favorite shell on blower mornings
- Lightly insulated body panels and sleeves provide just the right amount of warmth without the extra bulk
- Stretch fleece side panels and underarms allow for unrestrictive mobility and breathability while you climb, snowshoe, or tour
- Dual hem drawcords give quick fit adjustment and block out the cold
- Two hand pockets stash your two-way radio, lip balm, or energy goo
Share your thoughts
Great Active Jacket
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This jacket is great for working out in colder temps or as just a casual jacket. It's warm in temps around 30F. It has "stretchy" fabric along the elbows to allow movement and the underarms so it breathes better.
I bought this jacket for my wife...
I bought this jacket for my wife last year, and she absolutely loves it. It works great for 30+ degree weather. (She used it day-to-day use, plus hiking/backpacking on the weekends. BUT, we recently moved to Appalachia (best decision ever!) and she's going to need some extra insulation coming up. We were thinking about getting a hard shell (to help with waterproofing), and were wondering if y'all had any suggestions?
Nate. Glad she likes the Zonal Jacket. I've got two possible shells for you to consider. One is the Trinity Jacket from Mountain Hardwear. It is an extremely soft but waterproof and breathable softshell with a great hand to the fabric and great functionality. The second would be the Versteeg Jacket which is a 2.5 layer waterproof and breathable shell. Both of them you can find on this site. Check them out and enjoy!