- Community Images
A sleeping bag with climate control.
- An EN lower-limit rating of 30 degrees F means that this bag is best used for three-season camping in moderate conditions
- Quantum expander zips open to add 8 inches of girth to the bag; keep it zipped closed for maximum warmth or leave it open for extra room and airflow
- Synthetic Thermic MX insulation traps in gobs of warmth, keeps you warm even if it gets slightly wet, and compresses well
- Tough nylon taffeta shell fabric stands up to abuse without adding unnecessary weight or bulk
- Face gasket and tailored hood block drafts and seal in warmth
- Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes warmth without being overly constrictive
- Insulation allows for excellent compressibility without sacrificing warmth
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for greater comfort at night
- Nylon stuff sack makes packing a breeze
Share your thoughts
Mountain Hardwear Switch 35
What size zipper does this bag have? I'm...
What size zipper does this bag have? I'm trying to zip it together with a Big Agnes that has a YKK #8.
I think Johnny Cash used this bag when he wrote that song about "I've been everywhere man" The expander zipper is a nice feature, allowing for some heat control, mummy hood cinches down tight. Irue to the 35 rating, a couple of chilly nights late October in the Boundary Waters down in the 20's proved to me I should've brought a different bag, but that is only my fault. Spring to Fall this bag has taken me to the mountains and the desert, and is gonna keep on going. And it doesn't smell yet! 6'0" get a long for sure.
Same angle (almost) just for everyone to see the stuff sack dimensions.
Can't go wrong
This is a good bag, in my opinion. It packs small enough - you can stuff it sideways in the bottom of your pack - and it's warm. Obviously, you need to respect the temperature boundaries that it says it will keep you warm down to, but I give it 5 stars because it does exactly what it says it does. On the plus side, last time out I was surprised to see frost on the plants around my tent, and I can't say I was uncomfortable at any time during the night.I also really like the mummy shape and the cinch for around the face. And the "Quantum expander zips open to add eight-inches of girth" to the bag, not firth, like it says.
Just popped it out of the stuff sack for the photo.