From ascending frozen waterfalls to destroying fresh powder, the Mountain Hardwear Men's StretchDown RS Hooded Jacket is built to keep you moving in the backcountry. Like the standard StretchDown Jacket, the StretchDown RS is made with a stretch fabric that offers unmatched mobility for cold-weather pursuits. On top of being stretchy, the RS Jacket is made of ultralight and surprisingly durable, Ghost Lite ripstop fabric to withstand ice, rock, and the occasional tree branch.
Made with a welded channel construction, this revolutionary jacket traps more warmth than the standard stitch-through baffles. Mountain Hardwear's unique Q.Shield Down is infused with permanent water repellency that helps maintain insulating performance, even when exposed to moisture. With unmatched warmth and performance, the StretchDown RS Jacket will have you ready to tackle anything Mother Nature decides to throw at you.
- A down jacket designed for active pursuits
- Lightweight and wear-resistant Ghost Lite fabric
- Knit interior enhances mobility through stretch
- Q.Shield hydrophobic down resists heat-robbing moisture
- Bonded-channel construction enhances durability and heat retention
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood for additional protection
- Performance fit allows for layering without feeling bulky
- Item #MHW00RI
- Q & A
Make Columbia & TNF Wearers Jealous
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Spent some time researching a good insulated jacket that I could wear both in the city for winter and climbing mountains in the cold. Looked at so many articles, every brand you could imagine, and felt like I wouldn't find just the right jacket but then I stumbled on this. Damn am I happy I did. What I love:
1. Warmth - it keeps me warm but I also haven't ever felt overheated.
2. Stretchdown - has just the slightest give that makes movement that much easier.
3. RipStop - yes, spend the extra for the RipStop. I've got older jackets damaged catching on the most random thing you could think of.
Nice but Watch Sizing
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
Tried this jacket and am sending it back. Seems nice, although not as puffy as the pictures make it look. The stretch seems to add a little bit of stretch. Not much but a little. However the cut is just off on this. I am 6'4" tall/ 185 lbs and wear a 16/35 shirt. I traditionally fit a size Large in Mountain Hardwear and ordered that. I found it just a bit too tight in the shoulders. That was with just a base layer and T-shirt on. It was more restrictive with a light fleece layered with it. I was hoping the stretch would make up for it but it does not. My guess is an XL might help but that would make the torso far too big for me.
I will try something else.
Otherwise it seems like a decent jacket. Hand pockets are nylon lined. Two medium sized interior drop in pockets. Hood fits well. The interior had a very different feel to it with the different fabric. Color (red) looked like the images. Will be a good jacket for some but fit was not right for me.