- Detail Images
Stay dry without that stiff I'm-wearing-a-tarp feeling.
Some rain jackets are great at keeping out wetness, but they make you feel like you're stuck in a stiff box. The Mountain Hardwear Stretch Typhoon Jacket has a Dry. Q Core membrane that's waterproof, windproof, and breathable and that's also lightweight and stretchy.
- Dry.Q Core membrane provides solid waterproof, windproof, and breathable protection from rain, sleet, and water overflow from jammed gutters
- Stretchy fabric throughout means you can move while you backpack, hike, or take in the remarkable power of an unexpected thunderstorm
- Underarm zippered vents ditch excess heat while you hike or commute to work
- Attached hood with extra-beefy brim offers added protection against the elements
- Cuff tabs and hem drawcords give you quick fit adjustments
- Micro-chamois-lined chin guard eliminates zipper chafe
- Zippered external pockets stash your cell, wallet, or energy snack
Share your thoughts
Is your Q Core like goretex? How is it...
Is your Q Core like goretex? How is it different? I'm travelling to Thailand in the rainy season, which also is Summer, so need rain off and breathability. Thanks.
The Perfect Light Rain Jacket
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love this jacket. So much so that I've written a full review on my blog! It's lightweight, durable, and versatile.
For a more comprehensive review, see here: http://herpackinglist.com/2013/01/review-womens-mountain-hardwear-typhoon-jacket/
Not as thick as expected
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I purchased this rainjacket for multi-day trips in rural Alaska in the fall where staying dry and warm is critical. It fit very well, albeit given the shapely cut wouldn't permit many layers underneath it. It wasn't thick enough to offer any warmth and was too similar to a lightweight REI rainjacket I already had. I ultimately returned it without using it. It seemed well made and would work well for rainy trips where layering for warmth weren't an issue.